Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KatieS
What's DOS?
Views: 1,348
Message 1 of 4

Atrix MB886 Turn off texting

Brand new unblocked phone.  I am on H20 $10 / 90 day Pay as you go plan. Their tech support is impossible to understand and use scripts for conversation. I use the phone minimally and want to turn texting off completely.  I have turned data and wifi off but I have received 2 text messages from numbers I do not know.  The few people that have my number will not text me.  I want to turn off texting manually in order to avoid costs.   Help me turn off texting please?  I understand that "airplane" mode would turn it off but that would also turn off calls and I want calls on.  And also, wouldn't using airplane mode only "delay" any text messages from being received?

MajorLag
Punch Card
Message 2 of 4

Re: Atrix MB886 Turn off texting

Text messages do not go through wifi or data they use cellular signal I don't think you can block them.. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 4

You need the carrier to block them. I know I can ask mine to block them from
their website.
KatieS
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Thank you both for your prompt reply.  I was afraid of that (having to deal with the heavily accented/scripted people at H2o again).  Eagle, I checked their website but it gave me nothing for requesting the change.  I will wait to see if the messages persist and then face calling their tech support again.  I do love the price, but I guess the lack of quality or I should say understandable service is the cost.  -kt