Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigmoneyx239
What's DOS?
Views: 360
Message 1 of 6

Can replacement be unlocked?

Ok my Motorola Atrix HD had some problems so I contacted Motorola about the issue i'm having.  Since I was still within the year of owning my phone they said I can send it in and get a replacement.  I specifically told them that my phone was already unlocked when i bought it (brand new). My service provider is MetroPcs not AT&T.  So they emailed me the instructions I needed to send my phone in and I did as instructed.  Everything went smooth and I received my replacement phone.  Turns out the replacement phone I received was locked, so I contacted Motorola and they said to contact AT&T so I did then AT&T said to contact Motorola and this went on for about 3 days. Finally I had Motorola and AT&T on 3-way.  AT&T told Motorola they couldn't do anything about it because you have to be an AT&T  customer in order to request an unlock pin for your phone but I was never an AT&T customer. So after AT&T got off the phone Motorola said there was absolutly nothing they can do. After they said that I got so angry and started asking a lot of questions (mild voice).  They still said there was nothing they could do.  They said that was the first time something like that ever happened.  It's been over a month and I still can't use my phone.  Can someone please help or give me advice?  

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can replacement be unlocked?

Hi there!

I'd be glad to look into this for you. Can you provide the RMA info for the device sent in and or contact information? Looking under the email account associated with your forum account I find no cases where a previous device was sent in. Please update your profile with the contact phone number used on the prior repair so we may locate other email addresses and or cases associated with a previous repair. 

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Bigmoneyx239
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

I just created this account today.  Before I give you my information I need to know who are you and provide proof of who you are.

Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 6

Bigmoneyx239

I'm a Motorola Employee (red icon by my profile) and the Forum Manager.

Don't put your contact information here on the forum, RMA number is OK. Just update your profile I'll be able to locate the information that way. 

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Bigmoneyx239
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

Can I just pm you the info?

Moto Emeritus