Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aralyn17
Not applicable
Views: 2,956
Message 1 of 29

How do I get my Atrix HD to turn back on?

Hi everyone,

My phone was charged at 100% and was on the charger when this happened. Basically the phone froze for about 5-10 seconds and then the screen went black. I haven't been able to get it to turn back on. I've tried the hard restart (power and volumn buttons held down together) and I've tried connecting it to my computer but nothing works. Is there anything else I should try? Or do I need to just take it back to the AT&T store? I've only had the phone for a week and a half, so it's still within their 30 day thing. I just wanted to try and get it working before having to go in. If you guys have any ideas that would be great!

Thank you!

drago
Not applicable
Message 2 of 29

Re: How do I get my Atrix HD to turn back on?

It seems that this is a hardware issue and the best bet would be to get it back to an at&t store. They should be able to replace it on the spot.

Aralyn17
Not applicable
Message 3 of 29

Thank you! I did take it in and they just replaced it. The girl there couldn't get it to come back on either. Hopefully this new one won't have any issues.

drago
Not applicable
Message 4 of 29

Glad to hear you got it taken care of. I hope you have better luck with the new one. 

Aralyn17
Not applicable
Message 5 of 29

The new one crashed today like my other one...Has anyone had this type of problem before? This is my first android phone and in two weeks I've had two crash with minimal use...I had an Iphone for 3 years and never had a hardware issue like this before...I guess I'm just trying to figure out if this phone is worth it to keep trying or would it be better to switch to a different phone? I liked the phone while it worked, I just don't want to keep losing everything and having to start over every couple days...

Thanks for the advice!

Eagle328
Not applicable
Message 6 of 29

Are you using the Motorola charger and USB cable only to charge the phone?

Aralyn17
Not applicable
Message 7 of 29

I use the one that came with it at work but I got a generic Motorola charger from the store with a longer cord to use at home. Would that really make a difference?

Eagle328
Not applicable
Message 8 of 29

Yes. This has been a known issue with almost all Motorola phones. Try just using the Motorola charger and USB cable. Try charging it and see if it will turn on. I hope this solves your problem.Smile

Aralyn17
Not applicable
Message 9 of 29

Thanks, I'll hook it up over night and see what happens. This is my first Motorola and Android phone, so I don't know all the tricks. Fingers crossed this works because I really don't won't to go be to the AT&T store lol. If it still won't come on and I get it replaced again I'll try just using the Motorola charger instead of the generic one.

Thanks for the help!

Eagle328
Not applicable
Message 10 of 29

The phone needs to get to at least 2% charge before you can even get it to turn on. Good luck.