cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrNiceGuy
What's DOS?
Views: 750
Message 21 of 29

Re: How do I get my Atrix HD to turn back on?

I had the same issue... I don't live in USA so I contacted the vendor... Amazon and they said to return and they will send new one... But I didn't give up I found my self the power plus volume down on my own! It's no so easy to go with this situations... Happened at work wherwasn't supposed to have the phone handy so I couldn't troubleshoot it right away...
I didn't like it but it works now fortunately. Guys when ever something happens, before doing crazy please read the forum, it exists for that specific reason!
mshier00
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 29

OK, I'm new to this forum, never posted on one before, so I hope I can find this again. I read all these posts and replies and my situation is similar but....I was texting my wife while my phone was plugged in, I always place it on the charger even when the battery is not low. My phone was at full battery. The phone, Motorola atrix HD, en hut off. I tried to press the power button, no luck. I held the power button, no luck. I took it off the charger and repeated, no luck.I noticed the back of the phone was very hot. I left it alone for about 20 minutes and then plugged it into a non Motorola charger. I left it on that charger for an hr.my wife looked up your site and we held the vol up and power button for at least 30 seconds, nothing. Held the power and volume down button, nothing. Tried the power button, nothing. Tried these again with phone plugged in and unplugged. Tried them again. Held the vol up and vol down, nothing. Tried power button again. Held vol up and power button until my han hu Nothing works. It is very frustrating. I've had phone for about seven months and never had a problem. I will say that the day before it seemed like I needed to plug it in more but can't say if I used to more or not causing it to use more battery. What to do?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 23 of 29

Try leaving it plugged in to the wall charger for a few hours. Make sure
that you use only the stock charger and USB cable. Post back what happens.
Highlighted
TrcInterc
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 29

I want to thank  xlbooyahlx  and james bond for their helpful advice.  I was able to get my phone back on.  I also appreciated the explanation about the battery because I really preferred having a removable battery so I always could always carry a back up with me.

Duke

Fastvan
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 29

I too have this same issue. My Atrix won't come on. I have 2 of the same phone. I tried the charger and cable from both phones. Neither work. When I first plug it it, the green light comes on for a few seconds then it goes out. I even opened the phone and removed the battery. Used a voltage tester and found my battery has 3.7 volts. That's almost 100% charge. So it not a problem of power. I plugged the phone to my computer and same green light for a few seconds then gone. Won't do anything. No battery display or anything. I even did the simulated battery removal procedure. Didn't work. Is there anything else I can try? Can't get to recovery mode without display unless someone has a fix for that?

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 26 of 29

Fastvan said:

I too have this same issue. My Atrix won't come on. I have 2 of the same phone. I tried the charger and cable from both phones. Neither work. When I first plug it it, the green light comes on for a few seconds then it goes out. I even opened the phone and removed the battery. Used a voltage tester and found my battery has 3.7 volts. That's almost 100% charge. So it not a problem of power. I plugged the phone to my computer and same green light for a few seconds then gone. Won't do anything. No battery display or anything. I even did the simulated battery removal procedure. Didn't work. Is there anything else I can try? Can't get to recovery mode without display unless someone has a fix for that?

View original

Sounds like there is a display failure. Is there any backlight when you attempt to put the phone in recovery mode or plug it into the charger or is the green light the only sign of life?

What happens when you hold volume down and plug into a USB cable connected to computer?

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Fastvan
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 29

I get no backlight at all. I have been having this issue for about 6 months. Once every few weeks I am able to get it to into recovery and restore the phone. Once its complete with the restoration, the screen goes blank. Last time I was able to restore again was 3 weeks ago, I attempted the simulated battery pull and was actually able to get it into recovery. Restored the phone back to factory. As soon as i completed the recovery, the screen went out again.

When I hold the volume down button and plug it to the computer, all I get is the green light for a few seconds then its gone.

Fastvan
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 29

Got my new replacement LCD screen. Replaced it and still nothing.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 29 of 29

Fastvan said:

Got my new replacement LCD screen. Replaced it and still nothing.

View original

Sounds like there might be more than one problem then.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee