cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xlbooyahlx
What's DOS?
Views: 958
Message 11 of 29

Re: How do I get my Atrix HD to turn back on?

I've had this same thing happen to me three times so far.

Screen goes completely black when the phone is still on.

My bluetooth headset was plugged in, and I could still take calls through it, but obviously couldn't make any calls with a black screen.

After trying quite a few different things, I found out one that works every time.

When the screen goes black, press and hold the volume down + the power button for about 15 seconds.

This shuts the phone off from that "black state" (holding just the power button does absolutely nothing).

Wait ten seconds, and power up the phone again, and you should be golden Smiley Wink

fervid
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 29

I just had this happen- Charged to 100% with included charger.  Powered off Phone.  Went to turn back on and nothing.  Tried holding Power+VolUp and Power+VolDown for like 30sec each and nothing.  I let it sit for a bit then just pressed VolUp+VolDn without Power and it came on.  Is there a list of all the hardware key combinations somewhere?  I saw the Wipe document to do a wipe with hardware keys...which should be useful if this hangs again to wipe and exchange, but not much else.

Also, when I first got the phone the Notification light blinked green from the activation sms all the way home.  Then I paired with WiFi and installed the update.  I setup and installed everything fine and have been getting emails, sms, etc.  I have never seen the Notification light after the update though.  Shouldn't it come in when charging or low battery too???

james_bond
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 29

No no no don’t get a replacement!  Your phone is not broken.  Sometimes the Motorola Atrix HD just gets confused and shows a black screen or freezes (like many other android phones). Unfortunately when these other phones freeze or wont power on you just pull out the battery, count to ten, plug it back in, and your good to go.

Well guess what… You can’t pull the battery out of the Motorola Atrix HD and if someone tells you to try then ask to speak with someone that might have more experience with the HD because they are telling you to break your phone.

In any case, I recommend you read this article on how to fix a Motorola Atrix HD that is frozen or will not power on.

Xlbooyahlx is right; just hold the Volume Down button + the power button at the same time for 15-20 seconds. Then try to power it on. It should boot it right up. If that doesn’t work then try it again. Smiley Happy This key combo is a simulated battery pull for that phone. If it doesn’t fix your device then check out the article mentioned.

Skip the 15-20 minute ride to the store to talk with someone trained to sell phones and not fix phones. wink This article shows you how to fix your phone in 15-20 seconds.

Good luck, you picked a good phone, and don’t forget to use that memory card slot on the side as well.

Enjoy.

NickyMarch
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 29

@ xlbooyahlx ~ I just went through all the registration on here just so I could comment and say to you THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! My phone just had the "frozen lit up black screen" (flubs) out of nowhere, nothing happened to it at all...was devastated thinking the phone was fu%*ed..read your comment, did what you said and it worked immediately!  

Seriously thank you!!!! laugh

aliciamarie
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 29

I wish I had read this two nights ago...I was not aware that the battery couldn't be taken out and ripped the stupid like orangey thing!! Is there any way at all to recover anything from my phone?

james_bond
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 29

Oh No aliciamarie that’s terrible! Very very terrible, your phones warranty is void if you take off the back of that phone.

Were you able to turn it back on? If you were then it should still be functional. If so backup your phone using a computer or memory card. If you can’t get it to start working again it can start getting pricy…

Check out what to do when you can’t fix your phone for some options. Warranty is right out, DON’T file a warranty claim they will charge you like $400+ dollars when you send it into the warehouse.

If you have Insurance it won’t be as HUGE of a blow. I think the Insurance Deductable for the HD is like $199 at the moment.

If I was in your shoes I would try and put it together, and keep it together, and try and keep using it. Otherwise you can always use your SIM card in another ATT phone. And you CAN use one of ATTs Go phones if you need to. Don’t let a clever rep talk you into buying a smartphone for full price or even a refurbished device. IT’S A LOT MORE MONEY THEN YOUTHINK IT IS.

Also if you can’t get the phone to turn on or become functional again then try and get another phone running on the Android Operating System as a replacement and LOG INTO YOUR ORIGINAL Gmail ACCOUNT that was on your Atrix HD it will pull back A LOT of your information for you automatically, including your contacts and calendar.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune

Good Luck Alicia

~James~

preed4962
Paper Tape
Message 17 of 29

Alicia,

Search for an Motorola EB20 battery on Amazon, you can have a new one for a reasonable price and put your phone back together.  You will need a small screw driver (T5 Torx, I think) to remove the screws from the battery connector, put the new battery in and put the screws back in.  

Hope this helps.

Paul

ducka22
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 29

holding the power button and the volume down button deff works. make sure you do that befoe you go to return the phone make sure you dont go try and return it with out having phone insurance.

Atrix2Ihateyou
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 29

My phone is doing the exact same thing. Was on charger and now won't turn back on. I have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. This is my second phone. This thing is the biggest lemon. I recently had to get the exteneded battery for it (offical from Motorola). The camera on the first phone didn't work. Then it wouldn't hold a charge for more than an hour of standby. I have had to use the phone plugged into the charger until I got the new battery. So basically I haven't had a cell phone for this whole $%^#$%&^$ phone contract. Motorola used to make quality products. So sad. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 20 of 29

Atrix2Ihateyou said:

My phone is doing the exact same thing. Was on charger and now won't turn back on. I have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. This is my second phone. This thing is the biggest lemon. I recently had to get the exteneded battery for it (offical from Motorola). The camera on the first phone didn't work. Then it wouldn't hold a charge for more than an hour of standby. I have had to use the phone plugged into the charger until I got the new battery. So basically I haven't had a cell phone for this whole phone contract. Motorola used to make quality products. So sad. 

View original

Try posting in the correct community for your phone since all phones are not the same. Post in the Atrix 2 community to get help with your phone HERE.