cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m1nx87
What's DOS?
Views: 370
Message 1 of 5

Why can't I update my atrix hd to jelly bean?

I recently sent my mb886 out for repair through a store warranty. I received a refurbished phone in place of my phone. The refurbished phone is still running on 4.0.4/. Every time I go to about phone, system update, it says android 4.1.2 is available for my phone, but when I choose download it says Failed to update. An unspecified error has occurred. please try again later. the phone is through Bell mobilitiy.. Does anyone have any clues? Any help would be appreciated.. As I said, I just received this phone in place of my original phone sent out for repairs... I am extremely frustrated about this...

fhinton
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why can't I update my atrix hd to jelly bean?

Have you tried downloading the update over WiFi?  You might want to plug in your phone as well.  Plugging it in is recommended when updating the OS so that the battery doesn't run down during the download.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 5

If all else fails, you could try a reset of the phone and then an update. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 5

When is the last time you tried to update. I don't show your phone connecting to our servers after 10/14/2014. Perhaps that was your old phone and you haven't registered your new phone yet?

Mark

Mark
Former Employee
KLEX
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

I have exactly the same issue. Running Razr XT910 on 4.0.4.: "Every time I go to about phone, system update, it says android 4.1.2 is available for my phone, but when I choose download it says Failed to update. An unspecified error has occurred. please try again later." I am with Primus. I tried it today. Please help.