Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

52 Posts

12-16-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 31 of 56

Re: Atrix 2 Software bugs

2012-06-15, 18:31 PM

pawell said:

I'd like to add a few more bugs that I haven't yet seen in this thread. 1. When prompted to enter a number from a dialpad during a call eg a voicemail password, when I try to type the dialpad does not respond, then the screen goes completely blank for a few seconds and finally it comes back on and works as it should 2. The stock camera and camcorder frequently freeze after taking a picture or recording.Both applications stop responding for about 5 seconds 3. My WiFi keeps dropping connection our slowing down randomly. Its very annoying when listening to streaming audio or browsing. Problem is that once dropped the connection very rarely congress back up. I found a stop gap solution. An app caked restart connection helps bring it back up fast I'll try to post more issues if I recall or stumble upon them. It's my first post on this forum. English Is not my first language.

+1 on this and the original 7, I also must add that the phone will randomly not open the app pressed or not go to the general text message list.  The last GB update did a lot more damage than good.  I constantly get the red cross of no communication everywhere, this is a Smart Phone and if I can not recieve calls it is pretty useless.

Also the car dock SUCKS, it needs to be editable, I do not need Podcast or internet music and I want to add more than two extra apps.

I installed WIFI fixer and so far wifi has been more stable.

Options

15 Posts

08-14-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 32 of 56

2012-06-18, 4:05 AM

I have several of the above stated problems; "cannot confirm eligibility" for wi-fi connections ATT hot-spots,
ATT techs, over the phone worked for two days. Problem resolved with fact. reset. Lost some apps but easily
fixed from backups. Most app losses were due to re-sets. There was another issue cannot confirm what it but another-set fixed it.
Now this is not enjoyable but techs were helpful and worked diligently worked on my behalf and alleviated the issues.
I have now an intermittent problem punching nos. on computer driven answered calls; the dialer disappears when choosing
the desired response. If it worsens i'll call techs. Never go to the store (in my area) except to get another phone. They
are helpless with hard/software problems except with billing. There are (for me) many assets with this phone (just the no. of bluetooth
profiles) that allow me to create different ad hoc networks that have become invaluable. And i could not find these any other phones
last fall. So i'll probably keep this one and pray ICS doesn't screw me.

Options

3 Posts

06-07-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 33 of 56

2012-06-18, 6:21 AM

All the issues are very valid. Here in India i face two problems prominently on my MB865 device with the latest update.

1) Network radio problem: Looses network when moved from home to office. Network fluctuates (catches and looses network randomly); thus unable to make or receive calls. This is a very urgent bug, needs to be fixed ASAP.

2) My 8GB class 10 SD card becomes 'Read Only' after some time in between while downloading files to SD card. This is very irritating issue which gives rise to following; Apps missing, erronous operation of file manager applications, cannot download game files, etc

My sincere request to Motorola is to please make and arrangement to clear out these two MAJOR issues ASAP, these problems make phone totally unusable.

Options

58 Posts

12-22-2011

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 34 of 56

2012-07-12, 21:18 PM

ajsedlacek said:

Here is something to look at regarding the sd card problem and Atrix 2's inability to use an sd card higher than a class 4. If you don't have Quadrant on your phone to run a benchmark, put it on and run the benchmark. When you go to the results screen you will notice that the A2 is on par or ahead of the original Atrix on everything but the I/O which leads me to believe there is a hardware issue/limitation with the SD card port. 

If it is not hardware related and is in fact a software bug, hopefully it will be adressed when we receive ICS.

Being that I am now on my 3rd Atrix 2, I haven't had the disappearing picture and app problem but I have had the wifi and bluetooth disconnect happen more frequently than in the past.

Also, Cell Standby has been killing my battery the last two weeks. I work from home and where I live I have full bars all day long.

I don't know if anyone from this forum goes to xda but the sd card issue appears to be a hardware limitation/problem. There is testing going on of ICS leaks for Asian and Indian versions of the Atrix 2 and they still aren't able to use anything faster than a class 6 sd card without errors. The one poster said that he has to reboot every few hours to clear up the problems with the card using class 10.

On the bright side it appears that we should be happy with the rest of the new features the phone gets with ICS.

Options

3 Posts

07-13-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 35 of 56

2012-07-13, 2:44 AM

I have all the problems above. When I call Moto they claim they've "never heard of anyone else with the issue." So to answer the question in post one, No, nobody else has a problem. It's just you:-)

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 36 of 56

2012-07-13, 3:31 AM

I have only seen issues with Class 6 and above cards. My 8gb class 4 works fine, and have not had any other problems mentioned. This phone has been solid for me and I use it every day since launch.

Some problems can be related to SD card storage - if apps are installed on SD card - and SD card stops working. As for other problems mentioned - in months of sales, there are a handful of people talking about it - so it is more likely environment or 3rd party app.

If the phone can be reset and used without an SD card and a new sim and problems persist, then there maybe hardware faults. If there are reproducible software bugs, then more details and how to reproduce is helpful.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

58 Posts

12-22-2011

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 37 of 56

2012-07-13, 13:34 PM

AlphaDog said:

I have only seen issues with Class 6 and above cards. My 8gb class 4 works fine, and have not had any other problems mentioned. This phone has been solid for me and I use it every day since launch.

Some problems can be related to SD card storage - if apps are installed on SD card - and SD card stops working. As for other problems mentioned - in months of sales, there are a handful of people talking about it - so it is more likely environment or 3rd party app.

If the phone can be reset and used without an SD card and a new sim and problems persist, then there maybe hardware faults. If there are reproducible software bugs, then more details and how to reproduce is helpful.

To reproduce, all you need is a bone stock/factory reset Atrix 2 with a Class 10 SD card of any size. Do not install any apps. Turn the phone on and let it sit for 2 hours. Go take a picture or recorda video. The picture will not be saved/written to the sd card. Now try to download some music the phone. It will disappear. Restart the phone and now take a picture, it will save. Wait a little while and try to look at the picture in the My Gallery app. The thumbnails will show the missing image icon. 

I could go on and on with all the ways to reproduce this. I have gone through the same process with a tier 2 tech from Motorola who was remote into my phone. He tried to act like this is the first time he had seen this but finally admitted that it is something that they know about.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 38 of 56

2012-07-13, 14:15 PM

ajsedlacek said:

AlphaDog said:

To reproduce, all you need is a bone stock/factory reset Atrix 2 with a Class 10 SD card of any size. Do not install any apps. Turn the phone on and let it sit for 2 hours. Go take a picture or recorda video. The picture will not be saved/written to the sd card. Now try to download some music the phone. It will disappear. Restart the phone and now take a picture, it will save. Wait a little while and try to look at the picture in the My Gallery app. The thumbnails will show the missing image icon. 

I could go on and on with all the ways to reproduce this. I have gone through the same process with a tier 2 tech from Motorola who was remote into my phone. He tried to act like this is the first time he had seen this but finally admitted that it is something that they know about.

As i mentioned before... no one is arguing that there appear to be SD card issues with class 6 and above - I have one card that the Atrix 2 doesn't like.Hopefully ICS will fix this issue.

It could be that the tier 2 tech has not seen it... it s not that widespread from reading this or other forums, and for now it is easy enough to pick up a cheap class 4 card. A class 4 card will in NO way affect the phone's peformance. Transferring data to the phone will be slower, but that is it.

Most people buy the cheaper class 4 cards as they support HD recording - and class 10 was so expensive for a long time.

I am more interested in reproducible bugs that are not related to SD cards - i saw one mention of contacts disappearing and wifi errors - none of which i have seen or been able to reproduce.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

66 Posts

06-06-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 39 of 56

2012-07-13, 16:26 PM

Has anyone consolidated this list so Motorola can address the issues at the same time as the ICS update? Or will ICS eliminate all of these issues?

Options

58 Posts

12-22-2011

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 40 of 56

2012-07-13, 16:46 PM

I have forwarded the list as well as pointed their tech support to this forum, which happens to be on their website, as well as some of the other forums that discuss these problems on this phone.

Here are some quotes from people using the ICS leak that is out rigth now. However there is no mention of an improvement to wifi or bluetooth problems.

1.Phone is not getting warmer.
2.Smoothness is definitely increased (you will notice it even after long usage).
3.Battery improved.
4.Fastness : Phone seems snappier.
5.Stability: I cant justify this constraint as mearet was also stable for me.
6.No bugs found yet.

Pretty impressive so far, smooth sailing.
Webtop works with just the hdmi cable, and that is very nice to use. It also fixed the lack of touchscreen response i had when hdmi was plugged in.
All my apps and games work fine.
Root was easy using the method by op.
Kind of miss the social app (yes im one of few that like moto bloat, its well put together)
New camera app is great.
Official upgrade will be great! 
Oh and ultra bright buttons

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms