Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

06-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 9

Can't connect to A&T Hot Spot

2012-06-04, 22:54 PM

When going to a baseball game my phone loses it's signal, however, the Diamondbacks offer AT&T hotspots throughout the building.  I have AT&T service so you would think this is a no brainer, my son who has Sprint gets on with no problem, my husband with Verizon has no problem, (both have Android phones), my daughter with A&T service and an iPhone has no problems, however when I go on, it searches for awhile and then I get the following error message and it shuts off my wifi

AT&T Wi-FI Hot Spot Status Unable to confirm eligibility, please call Customer ---and then it fades away, if you click on the error message it completely disappears and there is no phone number to call.  This is my second phone because of this issue and it isn't fixed.  Anyone have any ideas?  I would like to be able to use my phone to use MLB at the Ballpark but it's like taking a brick to the ballpark.

I would share a picture of this error, but of course my phone is now saying that I don't have an email associated with this phone, HA!!!!!

Answer
Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945

Re: Can't connect to A&T Hot Spot

2012-06-05, 5:11 AM

This is a hard one to figure out since this is not a widespread issue so far. It might be just the start of one though. You have a replaced phone doing the same things. This is strange since there are only a few common things between the old phone and new phone.

Your sim card, sd card and battery on the hardware side and only your main Google account on the software side. I would think AT&T would have switched out your sim card by now and the other 2 should not have anything to do with this at all. Also your google account should not be an issue.

If AT&T had the wrong IMEI number from your phone on there system it might cause this. That's why I asked to see if AT&T had there settings correct.

You could always try a reset but I think its not going to help.

Replies(8)
Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

2012-06-04, 23:28 PM

Sounds like you need to call AT&T customer service about your settings for your phone to make sure its set up correctly on their end.

The email issue is strange but I would need some more details about it.

Options

5 Posts

06-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2012-06-05, 4:00 AM

I have called AT&T and have been in to AT&T and they replaced the phone...still not any good, very frustrating, as for the

"The email issue is strange but I would need some more details about it."

that message says

Canot find any email accounts configured on this device  

and yet I have my personal email, my work email and my husbands email running through this phone, dozens of emails each day.

Options

15 Posts

08-14-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2012-06-05, 4:58 AM
i posted a response earlier but did not see it some 2, 3 hours later so i try again & ask indulgence if necessary. i too was not "eligible" at 2-3 strbux stores. Support at AT&T worked with me for 2 days. She and other techs had no idea as to the cause. The last try was a factory re-set & that did the trick. You might try techs they were responsive and seemed willing to do what it takes solve your issue. Good luck!
Answer
Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2012-06-05, 5:11 AM

This is a hard one to figure out since this is not a widespread issue so far. It might be just the start of one though. You have a replaced phone doing the same things. This is strange since there are only a few common things between the old phone and new phone.

Your sim card, sd card and battery on the hardware side and only your main Google account on the software side. I would think AT&T would have switched out your sim card by now and the other 2 should not have anything to do with this at all. Also your google account should not be an issue.

If AT&T had the wrong IMEI number from your phone on there system it might cause this. That's why I asked to see if AT&T had there settings correct.

You could always try a reset but I think its not going to help.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

5 Posts

06-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2012-06-05, 16:49 PM

They actually did a factory reset of my phone when i went in with the original problem and when I couldn't hook up to the AT&T Hotspot in the AT&T store, they determined it was the phone, but on getting the second phone and still having the same problems, I am going to go in and see if they will switch out my sim card and I will have them make sure they have the correct IMEI number.  Thanks for your help, I will let you know what comes of this after my trip to the AT&T store.

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2012-06-05, 22:13 PM

Great let me know what happens. My fingers are crossed for you.Smile

Options

52 Posts

12-16-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2012-06-15, 18:56 PM

Any updates, I had this happen for the first time two weeks ago...nothing has changed on my account or phone.

Thanks

Dennis

Options

5 Posts

06-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2012-06-15, 19:01 PM

So, I've been crazy busy since I posted this and have NOT been able to get into AT&T yet, maybe at lunchtime today. Anyway, I did have a HUGE AHA moment just last night.  this isn't just happening at the ballpark, but it happens anywhere the hotspot doesn't require a password. I was in Best Buy last night and couldn't get on there, tried it in Fuddrucker's after Best Buy and it wouldn't work there, I then remembered it wouldn't work in the local mall or at McDonald's.  So now, I have a little more information to feed the people at AT&T when I go in.Laughing

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms