Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

08-16-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 17

' Further plans coming soon '

2012-09-22, 18:19 PM

Does this mean we're not gettting ICS, are we skipping ICS and go straight to JB, are we being upgraded at all?

Options

58 Posts

12-22-2011

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 2 of 17

Re: ' Further plans coming soon '

2012-09-22, 18:24 PM

This means the same thing to me as 

ATRIX 2

Asia-Pacific, LATAM, USA, and selected other markets

Development

Rollouts begin in Q3 2012.

Options

11 Posts

08-09-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 17

2012-09-22, 20:57 PM

Wow, When i read this in the morning i felt like i just got smacked. It truly is sad that a phone as good as the A2 would not be getting updated as promised, but i guess we were all warned before. This news has truly made me consider other manufacturers( even OS) because the lack of support for older models is too much across the board with android. don't get me wrong i like the OS but the fragmentation is just too much.  I believe that Moto could be stalling till the end of the year, as they might have ran into problems with ATT and the bloatware they wanted added in, could have caused a big slowdown therefor they need more time( i won't hold my breath with that). Oh well as they say, i will just have to wait with my GB A2 till i can get my upgrade and see where moto is at that time, if they have not released anything and are still teasing with the thought of support then good bye moto/android possibly even ATT. indecision

@ajsedlacek i totally agree with that assessment, the language is always SO vague you might as well not even say squat and just release it whenever.

Options

181 Posts

04-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 17

2012-09-23, 0:53 AM

Further plans coming soon...Motorola

So now we have gone past the pink elephant in the corner to a very wide open ended statement that really has no answer. 

Coming Soon could be in 2 weeeks, 2 months or 2 years.  And unless this "further plans" means skipping over ICS and going directly to jelly bean I won't be happy.

No I'm not happy at all..  no

Options

52 Posts

12-16-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 17

2012-09-23, 1:57 AM

The AT&T argument holds no water since Samsung is getting updates for the GSII out in a timely manor as is Sony. This is all Motorola and their inability to COMMUNICATE ANYTHING TO END USERS. Just tell us the truth. I am in contact with AT&T to get me out of this garbage and see if I can get a II or III and a company that understands customer service. The $100 promise is a joke when you have a contract, [removed]. If your skipping to jelly been just say so HTC did, customer service is how you keep customers.

• Edited for inappropriate language – please keep this conversation civil and family-friendly and follow our site rules.

Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Views: 65343
  • Message 6 of 17

2012-09-23, 15:14 PM

SavedByZero said:

Coming Soon could be in 2 weeeks, 2 months or 2 years.  And unless this "further plans" means skipping over ICS and going directly to jelly bean I won't be happy.

View original

It does say that the page will be updated monthly. I read that to mean that further plans will be posted in October.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

52 Posts

12-16-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 17

2012-09-23, 16:19 PM
What is obscene is Motorola and AT&T providing a phone locked to a two year commitment and having the phone be obsolete before the commitment ends. The $100 can be shoved since it does not cover my etf or the accessories.
Once again October is not soon enough to offer information on keeping a device current and repairing major software flaws.
If Motorola where interested in client satisfaction they would tell the truth Monday and then unlock the bootloaders wig no warranty implications.
This is why Android is doomed. With manufacturers like Motorola and carriers like AT&T it will go the way of palm OS.
Options

39 Posts

11-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 17

2012-09-24, 13:42 PM

I still think part of the blame is on AT&T. I got my ATRIX 2 for $100 with an upgrade NOvember of last year. In February, I got my wife one for $50.

They will help push Samsung's  updates out faster than the Atrix line for simple business math. 

SGIII and Note go for between $150 to $200 on the other hand the Atrix HD $50 

Samsung's SGIII and Note are on all Samsung carriers. 

Samsung advertises their phones. See comment above. Everytime their stupid Iphone bashing commercail plays AT&T benefits. 

Moto only advertises the Razr and Droid line. OH and guess what, RAZR and Droid only on Verizon. No benefit to AT&T. When have you ever seen an Atrix commercial or print ad except for when they were liquidating them?

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. it isn't like AT&T offered a high end MOTO phone to begin with. Could MOTO be trying to lure us away from AT&T with the $100 rebate? I know this, the Atrix HD is not an acceptable replacement for my Atrix 2. It doesn ot have the battery power I need or a replacement battery.............

Options

7 Posts

08-25-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 17

2012-09-24, 16:04 PM

This is a disappointing development.  But still not worth jumping to a Samsung phone with inferior glass.  I'll take my scratch free Atrix 2, and be fine with it for another few months.

Besides, LTE roll outs are still not quite there with "good" coverage.  Another 12 months for both verizon and ATT to have mature LTE networks.  

Sitting tight, not jumping into a new phone.

Options

181 Posts

04-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 17

2012-09-24, 17:03 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

SavedByZero said:

View original

It does say that the page will be updated monthly. I read that to mean that further plans will be posted in October.

View original

Quoted for TRUTH.  We shall see on Oct 1-5 if these "Further Plans" are posted to the Moto site.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms