Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

39 Posts

11-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 16

ICS update in India first not US

2012-09-11, 20:07 PM

Motorola still has the ICS update for the ATRIX 2 in development but the update has rolled out in India today. I am wondering why would they do it INdia first? Is it because AT&T is giving them problems? Why wasn't I picked for soak testing? Was there even soak testing done in the forums? When will we Americans get ICS? All today has left me with is more questions about my lowly ATRIX 2. Unfortunately, I am glued to AT&T until November of next year. Otherwise, I would  already be in possession of a RAZR Max or ordering a RAZR MAXX HD. 

On a serious note, the real question I have is why is ICS still listed in develeopment but they rolled it out in India today. That means it had to go through testing at some point. Why not let us know that things are moving forward. 

On a side note, I read the update list again. It says roll-outs begin in quarter 3 for the Atrix 2 but do not say they will all be done in Q3

Rant Done

Options

39 Posts

11-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 16

Re: ICS update in India first not US

2012-09-11, 20:13 PM

Here is the link. 

http://www.androidos.in/2012/09/motorola-atrix-2-getting-ice-cream-sandwich-ota-update-in-india/

Options

33 Posts

02-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 16

2012-09-12, 1:34 AM

If you look at the Rollout Schedule that Motorola has had for a long while you can see that the Aisia first situation was the plan all along. You'll see Latin America next, then USA. 

ATRIX 2

Asia-Pacific, LATAM, USA, and selected other markets

Development

Rollouts begin in Q3 2012.

Options

2012-09-12, 14:24 PM

@jparker61980 the problem with that is Motorola is an AMERICAN!!!! Company & Android came from an AMERICAN Company. You never see apple do this shit ever while speaking of apple Motorola seems to think that by offering the new RAZR line exclusively with verizon it will some how help moto out to compete with apple those devices should have been released on all carriers with no variations between carriers what motorola is doing is not going to help it compete with the likes of apple.

Options

181 Posts

04-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 16

2012-09-12, 14:58 PM

jparker61980 said:

If you look at the Rollout Schedule that Motorola has had for a long while you can see that the Aisia first situation was the plan all along. You'll see Latin America next, then USA. 

ATRIX 2

Development

View original

Yeah I'm gonna say the country listing was done in alphabetical order and NOT in the intended roll out phases.  But that's just a guess on my part.  wink

And as to the soak testing, I don't think it happened. Even if I wasn't selected the familar posters who I would have assumed would have also been selected are still posting which wouldn't happen if the testing was underway. So I don't think ICS will make it to the gen pop before Sept 29 11:59pm

Options

58 Posts

12-22-2011

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 6 of 16

2012-09-12, 15:00 PM

jparker61980 said:

ATRIX 2

Development

View original

You need to go back to the webpage you got this from and notice that everything in the country field is listed alphabetically and the release schedule has nothing to do with how they are listed here. 

I think the India/AsiaPac release is throwing those customers a bone because they are pulling their offices out of those markets and they want to make sure there are people there to answer the phones during the rollout before the layoffs are completed. If no one is there to help during this it will make Motorola look even worse than they already do.

Options

33 Posts

02-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 16

2012-09-12, 15:14 PM
Well, the website i got the info from was the link given on this very forum. As to the alphabetical nature of the list, oddly enough I am familiar with all 26 letters and even their order. In posting the info i was merely attempting to answer the question of "why Asia first" not draw the ire of all who read the post. I think you all need a nap.
Options

181 Posts

04-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 16

2012-09-13, 1:17 AM

A nap you say??

Options

288 Posts

04-03-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 16

2012-09-13, 13:33 PM

They most likely didnt do soak testing and will not be doing soak test, could have been time constraint, lack of atrix 2 users, or whatever reason.

Options

32 Posts

08-07-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 16

2012-09-13, 17:20 PM

Michelle101 said:

@jparker61980 the problem with that is Motorola is an AMERICAN!!!! Company & Android came from an AMERICAN Company. You never see apple do this *** ever while speaking of apple Motorola seems to think that by offering the new RAZR line exclusively with verizon it will some how help moto out to compete with apple those devices should have been released on all carriers with no variations between carriers what motorola is doing is not going to help it compete with the likes of apple.

View original

I absolutely agree with this. In my eye, it would be in Motorola's best interest to stop with the carrier specific models and make them universal across the board. That would and should cut down on production costs for sure. I'm glad they brought the Droid/RAZR styling to the Atrix HD FINALLY. I mean, I love my Atrix 4g/2 but they are definitely nothing special to look at. I wrote Moto a little letter not thinking it would be replied to, but to my surprise....

"Thanks for reaching out to Motorola.

We are always gathering input from owners from calls, e-mails, the Web and other sources. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and want to assure you that Motorola does value your feedback. We open a record for all consumer contacts which are then routed to the proper department for any further research.

I do apologize but we currently do not have any notifications regarding the exact release date of the official Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for the Motorola ATRIX 4G and ATRIX 2. It is scheduled to roll out as an over the air upgrade this third quarter of 2012. You will receive a notification on your device once the upgrade is already available for download. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.

Please continue to check the Motorola website and forums as these will have the most up-to-date information. We will post the update and it's detail on this link:

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

We hope that you find this information useful and we look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.motorola.com/

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Neil"

****So I basically got a non-answer. I am pretty sure I will be transitioning to the Nokia Lumia 920, until Motorola gets their act together. My last 5 smartphones have all been Moto. Maybe it's time for a big change. I dunno. This India ICS update makes my ears red. I'm over the wait.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms