Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

181 Posts

04-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

New Moto VP Punit Soni says the ICS line starts..

2012-09-25, 6:24 AM

After the Bionic...

"Second, we will [be] as transparent as possible given the constraints that software pushes like these are complex and have many dependencies. We have a plan, according to that plan, Bionic is going to ICS soon."

Soni added that once the Bionic is sorted out, he'll turn his attention to the Motorola Atrix, which also hasn't received its Ice Cream Sandwich update.

Soni's most recent messages in the thread that's run for a month suggest that Motorola Mobility is entering a new phase, and that he is personally committed to ensuring that the phone maker listens to its customers from here on out.

"I am not going to throw out the argument 'we just got here,'" Soni wrote. "We are taking responsibility for this. And we will engage with you, listen carefully to your concerns and most importantly, try to FIX things."

He continued on Saturday: "I genuinely do feel the pain of folks here. And we really do want to change things.

"Based on the four weeks I have been around, I can say that two things are going to happen in the future: we will make informed commitments and once we make them we will do everything we can to meet them.

==> http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/motorolas-new-vp-apologizes-for-ice-cream-sandwich-cold-shoulder-1099385

So this looks and sounds like we should all take a chair, smoke'm if you've got them and be prepared for a wait that could rival that of your local DMV on the last day of the month.

Options

52 Posts

12-16-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: New Moto VP Punit Soni says the ICS line starts..

2012-09-25, 12:25 PM
That's nice but Motorola created a PR disaster with there incredibly poor statement Saturday. The genie is out of the lamp. The only way that Moto can regain any credibility is to directly contact its cutomers with an apology and real information. But i doubt hey know since this is Google's guy basically saying that Motorola is a train wreck that we figured and that Google will be cleaning house sooner than later.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms