Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

08-08-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 8

Phone restarted itself and had major problems afte

2012-08-08, 21:36 PM

Something weird happened yesterday, which is why I'm on here today. My phone restarted itself twice, all on its own. I was using the Google Play Music app both times, although I wasn't actually listening to anything at the tme. I've never used the app, it came with my phone and yesterday was the first time I actually tried using it.

After the second time it restarted itself, I found these issues: my Home button didn't work. When you hold the power button and get the options of silence, airplane mode, sleep, off now I only have two options: sleep and off. When you touch the power button to lock the screen then touch it again, I used to have on my screen a swipe to unlock and a swipe to toggle between sound and no sound. Now I have neither. Oh, and my ringtone and notification were set to silent and the haptic feed back and key tones were on (I had them set to off). Also, I had set up my keyboard with the Swype, and it was reverted to the multi-touch keyboard.

I guess most of these things are no big deal, I reset my ringtones and notification tones and my keyboard. And I can silence my phone though the settings or by toggling the volume button all the way down. And when I touch the power button, I guess it is locked because the screen goes dark. But the most annoying thing is the home button not working because now I have to hit the back button (sometimes quite a bit, depending how far into the menus I'm in) to get back to the home screen.

My husband has the exact same phone as I do and he also used the app for the first time yesterday, however he is not having any issues with his phone. But he never seems to have any problems with his, and I always seem to have some little buggy things with mine although this is the most worrying problem I've had. Troubling enough to make me create an account here to ask! I know this post is long, but if anyone out there knows what happened to my phone, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Answer
Options

15 Posts

08-06-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Phone restarted itself and had major problems afte

2012-08-09, 14:51 PM

Try doing a Factory Data Reset.  Settings>Privacy> Then click on factory data reset.

**Make sure you perform a complete a backup of your SD card & Contacts PRIOR TO RESETING**

Replies(7)
Options

16 Posts

07-19-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 8

2012-08-09, 3:48 AM

My phone has restarted itself a few time but i never had any of the other problems  I did have the problem of it shutting off and not turning back on i called and they said it was the battery. you phone is having alot of issues. maybe you have an app different from your husbands and that is what is causing the problem.  

Options

4 Posts

08-08-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2012-08-09, 13:46 PM

Yeah, last night I started uninstalling apps but so far it hasn't fixed itself. I'm not quite done uninstalling stuff yet, though. I started with the most recent ones first and I'm working my way backward. My husband also thought it could be my battery so we'll probably go to the ATT store this weekend see if we can get a new one.

Answer
Options

15 Posts

08-06-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2012-08-09, 14:51 PM

Try doing a Factory Data Reset.  Settings>Privacy> Then click on factory data reset.

**Make sure you perform a complete a backup of your SD card & Contacts PRIOR TO RESETING**

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

21 Posts

08-06-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2012-08-09, 15:02 PM

My phone has restarted itself in the past as well (seems to be a trend), although I have never had any of the other probelms you are facing.  Like Jeb said I would start by doing a factory reset and see if the problems go away, if they do not I would then take it to the store or call customer support through AT&T.

Options

16 Posts

07-19-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2012-08-09, 15:07 PM

if factory reset don't work I would contact att and let them know what is going on. I have always had good luck with them. 

Options

8 Posts

12-25-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2012-08-10, 10:04 AM

My phone only reboot when it's crashed 

Options

4 Posts

08-08-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2012-08-10, 13:29 PM

I did have to perform the factory reset after all. I tried to avoid it by removing all apps except the ones for my job but I think whichever was the bad one had already done its damage. I guess I'll just have to be more careful about apps in the future. But the factory reset did work (I got back all functionalities) and I had already backed up my photos and contacts so I did not lose them. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms