Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

10-12-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Processor Issue

2012-10-14, 20:10 PM

I got my Atrix 2 less than a month ago and there after i proceeded with the ICS OTA upgrade. I have noticed that after the ICS update the processor is back to its own clock speed i.e 1.2ghz rather than then usual underclocked speed i.e 1ghz. But this had occured with all the other moto atrix 2 users in India. But my atrix 2 is still stuck on 1ghz. When i asked the customer care thet are saying that ICS is a software upgrade and hardware wont get affected( which i know very well ). But my question is what about other users? Why have they been upgraded to 1.2 and am still on 1ghz state. Even www.gsmarena.com is showing that atrix 2 has a 1.2ghz dual core processor.

A fast reply will be very much appreciated.

Thank You.

Options

58 Posts

08-10-2012

Chile

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: Processor Issue

2012-10-14, 23:30 PM

there is not an answer for that yet... we do not have any official answer about why are some atrix 2 running at 1.2ghz (including mine :D)..

the only things i can think of:

- in a batch of processor production there are always some processor that are better than others, let say these can handle higher frequencies and motorola decided to give us that extra 200mhz because increases performance in ICS. 

but i have doubts about this theory because most companies would not do that if it is not supported by all the devices, i mean it is obvious that other owners are gonna start complaining because they are stuck in 1ghz..  so my other theory is:

these processors (ti-omap 4430) has a default frequency of 1.2ghz (this is a fact), and they were underclocked in gingerbread, but they decided to let them in their default frequency of 1.2 ghz in ICS, like i said before, for a better performance.. but for an unknown  reason, a bug maybe, not all atrix 2 are getting the extra  200 mhz .. or an inverse case, where the underclock (assuming they wanted to keep it ) is not working with all devices and some of them are bypassing the underclock hence working in its default frequency.

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945
  • Message 3 of 5

2012-10-15, 1:36 AM

I wish I had an answer but I'm running at 1ghz on both of my Atrix 2's. One is from launch day and the other was months later as a refurb unit. I don't know why really and I hope maybe Matt or someone from Motorola could answer this since many are interested. But if its not officially responded to I know its not by Matt's choosing. Time will tell.

Options

17 Posts

10-12-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2012-10-15, 9:16 AM

We paid the same money but why are we facing discrimination. I think motorola should have a firm answer on that by having everyone revert back to 1.0 state or everyone running on 1.2 state. Developers and moderators please look into this matter. Why should we get stuck at 1.0ghz and others enjoy the extra 200mhz frequency.

Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Views: 65343
  • Message 5 of 5

2012-10-15, 14:55 PM

Since there is already a long thread on this topic here, I'm locking this one to reduce clutter and duplication.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms