Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

10-21-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Social Networking App not updating

2012-01-11, 0:57 AM

Hi, beginning yesterday (1/10/12) my Social Networking App stopped updating. I get a noticfication for each account telling me that there is a failure.  For example, it says "Facebook sync failure -Try again later."  It is doing this for all my social networking accounts running through this app (Twitter, YouTube, Picasa, & Flickr).  I've never had this problem before with all my accounts at once.  Sometimes one account would fail to update, but it would update correctly at a later time.

Is it possible that these accounts are being routed through a Motorola server and it is down for the time being?  Any one else experiencing this problem?

Thank you

Answer
Options

6 Posts

10-21-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Social Networking App not updating

2012-01-11, 23:39 PM

Hi Everyone, I seemed to have fixed the problem.  After reading another thread about the Atrix 2 failing to perform a system update, it was suggested in that thread to power off the phone, pull out the battery, sim card, and sd card.  I waited a few minutes and put everyting back together and powered on.   After doing all this, the social app was succesfully updating all my social accounts.  In other words, it was no longer having syncing problems.  On top of that, I also stopped getting the "failure to perform a system update" message.

I don't know why this solved the problem, but it did.

Replies(3)
Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945
  • Message 2 of 4

2012-01-11, 1:05 AM

It happens from time to time with me as well. Yesterday Linkedin gave me that error. It could just be a short term Motoblur issue. I would wait a day or two. You can of course try a reboot too. Sometimes removing the account and then a reboot and re-add the account fixes it as well. Let us know if it keeps happening and I can have someone look into your motoblur account to check on it.

Answer
Options

6 Posts

10-21-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2012-01-11, 23:39 PM

Hi Everyone, I seemed to have fixed the problem.  After reading another thread about the Atrix 2 failing to perform a system update, it was suggested in that thread to power off the phone, pull out the battery, sim card, and sd card.  I waited a few minutes and put everyting back together and powered on.   After doing all this, the social app was succesfully updating all my social accounts.  In other words, it was no longer having syncing problems.  On top of that, I also stopped getting the "failure to perform a system update" message.

I don't know why this solved the problem, but it did.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

45 Posts

04-01-2011

Milwaukee

7 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 4 of 4

2012-03-02, 22:19 PM

Eagle328 said:

It happens from time to time with me as well. Yesterday Linkedin gave me that error. It could just be a short term Motoblur issue. I would wait a day or two. You can of course try a reboot too. Sometimes removing the account and then a reboot and re-add the account fixes it as well. Let us know if it keeps happening and I can have someone look into your motoblur account to check on it.

I used to have Picasa, facebook and LinkedIn accounts with MotoBlur. However, Social Networking app is highly unreliable. Sometimes, it sync, sometimes it tries to sync forever and sometimes I get sync failure error. I agree that these issues are temporary but they reoccur regularly. Hence, I decided to keep only Picasa to test it further. Its cool concept but there are definate issues with its implementation. For right now, I am  using Facebook for android and LinkedIn app from Market. 

Unfortunately I cannot remove it, however I was hoping to disable it in some way so that it does not chew my battery trying to sync all the time. Let me know if anyone has a better way to deal with this app. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms