Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945
  • Message 11 of 48

Re: Unacceptable

2012-09-13, 23:37 PM

stanl56 said:

I just tried that USSD Code and received "! Network Message" "Not Available" - is that normal?

View original

My bad...Typo... Here is the correct code. #35468#. It spells ELIOT. Like ET phone home. It should say Log Checkin initiated after you press the last # button.yes

Options

14 Posts

11-22-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 12 of 48

2012-09-14, 0:08 AM

Eagle328 said:

stanl56 said:

I just tried that USSD Code and received "! Network Message" "Not Available" - is that normal?

View original

My bad...Typo... Here is the correct code. #35468#. It spells ELIOT. Like ET phone home. It should say Log Checkin initiated after you press the last # button.yes

View original

I get the Log Checkin initiated message now. Forgive me for sounding naive but what does it mean? Should something else display after the initiated message?

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Message 13 of 48

2012-09-14, 0:54 AM
It makes the phone check in to the servers. There is nothing else to do after that. Also sometimes going into airplane mode and back can help when you check for updates. You should see either an update or your up to date.
Options

33 Posts

12-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 48

2012-09-14, 2:00 AM

I'll echo others on this thread. I am in DC during the day and MD at night. I have been checking once at midday and once in the eve with no update. I have seen that sometimes the process times out and i get a message saying the server is unavailable try again later. I hit the update check right after that and it usually finds the server and reports back that i am up to date and no update is necessary at this time.

Not too worried though, I lived through the Backflip and was a soak tester on that monster. The Atrix2 is a quantum leap over that beast and if it never gets an update to ICS or JB, it still ranks as probably the best phone I have had  and I have been at this since my first car phone (a General Electric 3 piece trunk mount system) in 1981 with probably 20-25 different models and manufacturers. I can be patient a little longer.

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Message 15 of 48

2012-09-14, 2:18 AM

bwwhitlock said:

I'll echo others on this thread. I am in DC during the day and MD at night. I have been checking once at midday and once in the eve with no update. I have seen that sometimes the process times out and i get a message saying the server is unavailable try again later. I hit the update check right after that and it usually finds the server and reports back that i am up to date and no update is necessary at this time.

Not too worried though, I lived through the Backflip and was a soak tester on that monster. The Atrix2 is a quantum leap over that beast and if it never gets an update to ICS or JB, it still ranks as probably the best phone I have had  and I have been at this since my first car phone (a General Electric 3 piece trunk mount system) in 1981 with probably 20-25 different models and manufacturers. I can be patient a little longer.

View original

So your like me then. Glad to know there are others that have been around this long. I was here during the Cliq and Cliq XT upgrades. That was some time back then. The Backflip had the same problems as the other phones at that time. They were new and really underpowered in every way compared to todays phones. I have to agree the entire Atrix line for me has been a good one. I have the HD now but still use my Atrix 2 as a second phone for work. The HD has ICS and if it comes the same way as it is on the HD then the atrix 4G  and Atrix 2 will really be running like they were really meant to be. It will be worth the wait. I know that staff cuts have put Motorola into a tail spin now. Anyone that has seen cuts at work should know it takes some time to get back on track. I will cut them a break myself  just to this fact. My phones all work and are fine as they are for now. Waiting is not a big deal to me but I do understand others feeling differently.

Options

1043 Posts

04-27-2011

United States of America

169 Signins

2764 Page Views

• Views: 2764
  • Message 16 of 48

2012-09-14, 12:35 PM

Has ICS officially rolled out for the Atrix 2?  Usually Mark posts when an update officially is deployed.

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Message 17 of 48

2012-09-14, 13:36 PM

berzerker said:

Has ICS officially rolled out for the Atrix 2?  Usually Mark posts when an update officially is deployed.

View original

From what I know its does not seem the upgrade has been released yet in the US. There is only 1 person saying they got it on ATT but how do we really know if its true or they were just lucky to catch a glitch in the system.

Options

58 Posts

12-22-2011

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 18 of 48

2012-09-14, 17:38 PM

Eagle328 said:

So your like me then. Glad to know there are others that have been around this long. I was here during the Cliq and Cliq XT upgrades. That was some time back then. The Backflip had the same problems as the other phones at that time. They were new and really underpowered in every way compared to todays phones. I have to agree the entire Atrix line for me has been a good one. I have the HD now but still use my Atrix 2 as a second phone for work. The HD has ICS and if it comes the same way as it is on the HD then the atrix 4G  and Atrix 2 will really be running like they were really meant to be. It will be worth the wait. I know that staff cuts have put Motorola into a tail spin now. Anyone that has seen cuts at work should know it takes some time to get back on track. I will cut them a break myself  just to this fact. My phones all work and are fine as they are for now. Waiting is not a big deal to me but I do understand others feeling differently.

View original

I can understand the layoff making things difficult going forward, however with as long as Moto has had ICS in their hands, this update should have been on our phones months ago. Personally, I think it would be in Moto's best interest to reach out to the people that were able to make ICS work on our phones months before they were and offer them a job. 

Options

21 Posts

01-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 19 of 48

2012-09-15, 0:43 AM

jholbert said:

Yeah, I was surprised myself when I hit the check for update button.  I live in Georgia, it that makes a difference.  Maybe since AT&T is based in Dallas, they're just partial to southerners? ;-) Rolling it coast to coast?

View original

Pics or it didn't happen.

I highly doubt that one person was the only one to receive an update...much less be the only one posting about it.

Options

181 Posts

04-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 20 of 48

2012-09-15, 5:42 AM

Just checked my phone and it says my device is up to date. Still running 55.13.25MB865.ATT.en.US in Orlando Florida.

14 business days till the end of Q3...I'm beginning to think the listed Q3 ICS roll out and the purpose of the MFN is like a fairy tale told to little children at bedtime....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms