Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945
  • Message 41 of 48

Re: Unacceptable

2012-09-21, 1:44 AM

Ive been through these upgrades before many times. Some are on time and some are not. They have missed there planned times before and most likely will again. Other companies also have been late with releases too. Things come up and delay upgrades. Sometimes its the carrier that stalls it and Motorola is not allowed to say it. The one thing that they really need to do is let people know in a better way the progress of the upgrades. I have said this many times. Matt and the forum are not responsible for the upgrade page or the upgrades. That page is only updated when it has been approved by others. I know Matt and Mark have told there bosses many times that they need to be more open to the public. They have always been our advocate to Motorola and still are, but when it comes down to it only the others in charge can make the right changes that need to be made. This is just my opinion and I felt like something needed to be said.

Also for anyone that has never scrolled down to the bottom of the upgrade page there is a statement that should be read. Don't take it as anything but what it is, just legal wording to cover any problems unforeseen. I don't think that we will not see ICS, its just that I don't know when like the rest of you. Below is the statement at the bottom of the upgrade page. Notice that the software team is the provider of the information.

The information contained herein is provided for information purposes only and is intended only to outline Motorola Mobility’s presently anticipated general technology direction, and is therefore subject to change. The information communicated is not a commitment or an obligation to deliver any product, product feature, software upgrade or functionality and Motorola Mobility reserves the right to make changes to the content and timing of any product, product feature or software release. The software functionality and features provided by a specific version of the Android operating system may vary by device and manufacturer.

This page and the information on it is provided by the Motorola Mobility Software Team.

Options

288 Posts

04-03-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 42 of 48

2012-09-21, 5:12 AM

You probably already know this, but the upgrade for the ICS leak has no way to revert back to GB as of now. So when the official OTA comes out, you will be stuck on the leak version.

View original

You are wrong, I went from ICS leak to GB. Waiting for official ICS now.

Options

21 Posts

01-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 43 of 48

2012-09-21, 10:06 AM

shanghei said:

You probably already know this, but the upgrade for the ICS leak has no way to revert back to GB as of now. So when the official OTA comes out, you will be stuck on the leak version.

View original

You are wrong, I went from ICS leak to GB. Waiting for official ICS now.

View original

No, you're misreading my statement.

The UPGRADE for the ICS leak has no way to revert back. NOT the ICS leak alone. As in, you installed the leak and then received an OTA update for the leak. MOTO locked it down.

Options

58 Posts

12-22-2011

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 44 of 48

2012-09-21, 13:53 PM

dsmcmurrin said:

If we want to be technical with the Atrix 2, Motorola has lived up to the schedule with the roll-out to India.

ATRIX 2

Asia-Pacific, LATAM, USA, and selected other markets

Development

Rollouts begin in Q3 2012.

It does not say the rollout will start in all the places listed. 

Just want to throw gas on the fire.  I would like to know if AT&T opt'd to let Apple push it's update over Motorola?

View original

I know no longer have a horse in this race being that my Atrix 2's screen died by way of car tire this past weekend, I replaced the touch screen digitizer and LCD panel but LCD panel I received from the vendor I purchased it from doesn't work properly. Once I get the Atrix back up and running it is getting handed down to my son.

Anyway, if you scroll down the page you refrenced  you will see a USA specific table that clearly states ATRIX 2 ICS Upgrade rollout begins in Q3 2012. So being that it is out in India is nice for people there. We still have a few days left in this quarter but time is a ticking.

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

Options

144 Posts

08-08-2012

United States

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 45 of 48

2012-09-23, 2:08 AM
So...update webpage now says ATRIX 2 (USA) "Future plans coming soon... What does that mean? No ICS...?
Options

288 Posts

04-03-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 46 of 48

2012-09-23, 2:15 AM

It means att hasnt sold enough atrix hd and want to hold off on allowing the update

Options

144 Posts

08-08-2012

United States

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 47 of 48

2012-09-23, 2:26 AM
Well...this waiting game is getting very old. As much as I like this phone, it's on the verge of being forced to going with a different manufacturer, and maybe provider...if this is how customers are going to be treated.
Options

181 Posts

04-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 48 of 48

2012-09-23, 11:05 AM
I can see why Apple has its supporters as everyone EVERYONE just
got ios6 on the same day.

Srsly this new Moto CEO best get this crap under control and only make promises that he plans to keep.

http://www.androidauthority.com/motorola-brings-android-upgrade-schedule-droid-bionic-finally-seeing-ics-117179/

Sent from my GB running atrix 2
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms