Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

1043 Posts

04-27-2011

United States of America

169 Signins

2764 Page Views

• Views: 2764
  • Message 11 of 22

Re: Why is my motorola atrix 2 not getting jelly bean?

2012-10-22, 13:15 PM

The Atrix 2 has been discontinued by att.  You really think att should support a discontinued phone, really.

Options

20 Posts

10-15-2012

United States

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 12 of 22

2012-10-22, 13:28 PM

berzerker said:

The Atrix 2 has been discontinued by att.  You really think att should support a discontinued phone, really.

View original

Yes, if it's only a year old. Google alliance said it would support handsets for 18 months. It's been a year since it's release.

Do you know when Microsoft stopped making XP? 2007. That was half a decade ago. They are still supporting it, and will do so untill 2014. I don't care if it's been discontinued, when you buy a companies newest, most expensive, top of the line product, you have a right to expect more than a year of support.

Options

288 Posts

04-03-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 13 of 22

2012-10-22, 13:32 PM

Google alliance is being supported by no one. It was over before it began.

Options

20 Posts

10-15-2012

United States

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 14 of 22

2012-10-22, 13:34 PM

shanghei said:

Google alliance is being supported by no one. It was over before it began.

View original

Yea, I heard you the first time. I still expect Google to back its own words, however, and as a Google-owned company, that gos for Moto.

Options

288 Posts

04-03-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 22

2012-10-22, 13:38 PM

Google bought motorola for its patents, not to help its mobile department.

Options

20 Posts

10-15-2012

United States

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 16 of 22

2012-10-22, 14:50 PM

shanghei said:

Google bought motorola for its patents, not to help its mobile department.

View original

I couldn't care less why Google bought Motorola, they bought the company, they own the company, thus they are responsible for the company. Any sane corporation would recognize the potential of a mobile OS maker owner one of the world's premier handset makers and seize it; and I find it baffling that Google is not doing so.

Regardless, it should not be this difficult to get Android updates for a phone made by a company owned by the makers of said OS.

Options

20 Posts

10-15-2012

United States

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 17 of 22

2012-10-22, 15:00 PM

berzerker said:

View original

Think of it this way. The only company that makes the iPhone is Apple. If they piss of their harcore fans, they just have pissed off hardcore fans. They can't go anywhere else for an iPhone.

Android is a different story. If Moto pisses off Android fans, Android fans can jump ship for Samsung, HTC or a variety of others, and still be on Android. I don't expect Moto to bend over backwards and go beyond what is reasonable to please us; but when my AT&T contract is up, and I'm looking at at top of the line phones that cost $300-$400, the thought that my updates are going to be severely delayed half a year later, and then cancelled altogether within a year is going to be a factor in my decision. I like buying America, but honestly, Nexus has never looked so good.

Options

288 Posts

04-03-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 18 of 22

2012-10-22, 15:02 PM

The next Nexus doesnt have microsd or lte

Options

20 Posts

10-15-2012

United States

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 19 of 22

2012-10-22, 15:34 PM

shanghei said:

The next Nexus doesnt have microsd or lte

View original

The current Nexus does not have LTE. My contract is up in a year, and Google expected to unveil the next wave of Nexus devices later this month to compete with Microsoft's Windows 8/Surface tablets/Windows Phones. I'm betting the next one will.

Micro SD is valuable, but I've yet to use 32GB of storage (which the next device is expected to have, and can be accessed via micro USB), and avoiding this frustrating issue of never being on the newest OS could easily tip the scales of my decision. By the time my phone - which was the newest, most advanced, most expesnive phone Moto offered when I bought it - was updated to Android 4.0 - which was released a mere month after my phone was - Android had alread released 4.01; which I'm now being told I'll never get. All in all, I bought top of the line phone and it was up to date phone for all of a month. That's ridiculous.

Options

181 Posts

04-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 20 of 22

2012-10-22, 23:44 PM

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs LG Nexus 4, Jelly Bean beauties

Under: LG, Samsung

Date: October 22nd, 2012

I’m sure most know that the latest Android operating system, Jelly Bean is being rolled out to the hugely popular Samsung Galaxy S3; however again I am sure you’ll know that the Google guys are expected to deliver the LG Nexus 4 on the 29th of this month, which also comes with Jelly Bean, but when put to the comparison, which of these two Jelly Bean beauties would you prefer?

Although currently the specifications of the LG Nexus 4 have yet to be confirmed, Ibtimes has used the rumoured unofficial specs of the device to compare against the might of Sammy’s current darling of the mobile space, the Galaxy S3, so we thought we’d pass that comparison along to our readers.

So let’s kick off with the touch screen of both handsets, with the Samsung Galaxy S3 sporting a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 2, whilst the LG Nexus 4 is said to sport a 4.7-inch True IPS display with a 768 x 1280 pixel resolution.

Camera wise the Galaxy S3 as we know packs an 8 megapixel rear facing auto-focus camera with LED flash, 1080p video, and a 1.9 megapixel front facing snapper with 720p video. The LG Nexus 4 is expected to sport an 8 megapixel rear facing auto-focus camera with LED flash with 1080p video and a front facing camera of some description as yet unknown.

When it comes to storage, the Samsung Galaxy S3 offers 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants along with microSD expansion up to 64GB. The rumoured storage on the LG Nexus 4 is said to be just 8GB, and no microSD expansion, but there have been whispers there will be a 16GB model as well.

The Samsung Galaxy S3 arrived packing Android Ice Cream Sandwich, but is being updated with Android Jelly Bean, whilst the LG Nexus 4 is expected to come with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, although there have been rumours that the Nexus 4 might unveil with Android Key Lime Pie aboard.

On the processor side of things, the Galaxy S3 packs a 1.4Ghz Exynos quad core processor with 1GB RAM whilst the Nexus 4 is rumoured to sport a 1.5Ghz Snapdragon S4 quad core Krait processor with 2GB of RAM. Whilst when it comes to the battery, the Galaxy S3 offers a 2100mAh battery, but as yet there is no word on what size battery the Nexus 4 might sport.

We all know just how popular the Galaxy S3 has been with the Android faithful, but once Google unveils the LG Nexus 4 come the 29th, could the smartphone grab the Android crown of smartphones from the Galaxy S3? If the above rumoured specs of the LG Nexus 4 turn out to be spot on, will you be snapping up the device over the SGS3 when the Nexus 4 sees release?

Of course it is difficult to compare the two when the specs of the Nexus 4 have not yet been confirmed, but we should get that confirmation in a few days time when Google goes public with their latest smartphone, and of course we will pass that info along as soon as we know for sure.

==> http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2012/10/22/samsung-galaxy-s3-vs-lg-nexus-4-jelly-bean-beauties/

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms