Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Unlockable PhonesMOTOROLA Android Developer Community
All Forum Topics
Options

89 Posts

03-05-2018

India

400 Signins

3546 Page Views

• Views: 3546
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto G5 Plus Downgrade to Nougat IMEI 0

2018-10-29, 14:09 PM

My phone was heating like hell during charging and use. So I decided to downgrade to Nougat. Upon booting and in initial setting configuration, it showed signal strength. After I completed the intial android setup wizard, my network went down and IMEI 0.My Wifi is working though. Can I get my device serviced at the service centre?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G5 Plus Downgrade to Nougat IMEI 0

2018-10-29, 14:16 PM

wrote:

My phone was heating like hell during charging and use. So I decided to downgrade to Nougat. Upon booting and in initial setting configuration, it showed signal strength. After I completed the intial android setup wizard, my network went down and IMEI 0.My Wifi is working though. Can I get my device serviced at the service centre?

Moved to developer forum as modding discussions are not allowed in regular forums. 

Motorola doesn't support downgrade of the OS.

You will have to ask the service center, but IMEI of 0 usually requires a motherboard replacement.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

89 Posts

03-05-2018

India

400 Signins

3546 Page Views

• Views: 3546
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G5 Plus Downgrade to Nougat IMEI 0

2018-10-30, 1:27 AM

The issue is resolved just by flashing stock oreo. When I downgraded, the Oreo OS had problem with IMEI. Still the IMEI was there in some directory. When I flashed stock Oreo I got my earlier IMEI.

Please accept the buggy oreo update motorola provided. Many people complained about their phones getting heated up, decreased battery life. The only thing to find soln was the " Usual Stuff" like reset the device, run in safe mode, sending bug report. Even I did resetting my device multiple times before still had not resolved the issue. The phone feels laggy when multitasking. It is reported by many people. Take up the responsibility as YOU DON'T OFFICIALLY SUPPORT DOWNGRADING. WHAT ELSE IS LEFT TO A CONSUMER AS A RESOLUTION? WAIT FOR ANOTHER UPDATE?? WHEN??

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms