Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Unlockable PhonesMOTOROLA Android Developer Community
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-09-2015

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

need help relocking bootloader for Moto X Dev Ed

2015-10-09, 3:49 AM

So I have the Developer Edition and it came with an unlocked bootloader. I downloaded the factory images from Motorola but I'm not sure how to go about locking the bootloader. My computer is also a Macbook if that helps. Cut can someone walk me through the process? I also have access to a pc if that's what is needed.

Options

532 Posts

12-01-2013

United States

115 Signins

858 Page Views

• Views: 858
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: need help relocking bootloader for Moto X Dev Ed

2015-10-09, 16:22 PM

Why do u want to re-lock the bootloader? There's really no point in doing that...

Options

6 Posts

03-09-2015

Argentina

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2015-11-11, 22:28 PM

When you open the factory image archive there will be several files and folders. One of the files will be a readme with fastboot commands specific to your device, have these available to copy from. Then in one of the folders (organized by windows, OSX, and linux) will be a fastboot file; this is a motorola made file and will be used to verify the signed files: copy this file over the fastboot file found in the root of the archive. When flashing all the files, start with "fastboot oem lock begin", then flash as instructed in the readme. Before rebooting, type "fastboot oem lock". If everything was verified correctly, then the phone will relock the bootloader. 

In my experience, I've forgotten to erase the cache and userdata partitions. This will make the oem lock command fail. Be sure to erase these partitions. 

Options

2 Posts

01-17-2015

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2015-12-01, 6:03 AM

Hey,

Don't have experience with Moto X developer edition. But I had Moto G 2nd generation mobile phone which I had unlocked once. TO get it relocked, I just submitted it to the motorola care center mentioning that there is some problem with the phone software. They just flashed the software of the mobile and thus my phone bootloader was relocked again without much efforts.

Hope this helps :)

Regards,

Anshul Khantwal,

CEO @ Games for My PC

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms