cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,356
Message 61 of 131

Re: BlankFlash files for Moto X 2nd Gen (XT1092).

Motorola has offered a fix - take your phone to a service center. They don't want to release proprietary software that could allow others to circumvent or modify systems not designed to be modified. If you bricked your automobile computer, you would have to take it to the dealer. 

Show me another manufacturer that makes these files available. Not a download link on mega or xda, but the official link on the manufacturers site. 

dev edition phone users have a way out too. It may be covered by warranty for dev phones. Has anyone sent their phone in? 

Finally XDA flashing instructions clearly said if you downgrade to 4.x not to take the 5.x OTA - and downgrade flashing was never supported, especially using the tools that are not fastboot. 

Personally. I wish there was a single button "restore from brick" tool, but it doesn't exist. If you want your phone fixed, send it to Motorola - why is this not acceptable? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Leo_Cifuentes
What's DOS?
Message 62 of 131

No more Motorolas for me...just 1 file and a lot of cellphones bricked. Thanks Motorola and see you never more. Sorry for my bad english.

jacoblukewood
What's DOS?
Message 63 of 131

AlphaDog said:

Motorola has offered a fix - take your phone to a service center. They don't want to release proprietary software that could allow others to circumvent or modify systems not designed to be modified. If you bricked your automobile computer, you would have to take it to the dealer. 

Show me another manufacturer that makes these files available. Not a download link on mega or xda, but the official link on the manufacturers site. 

dev edition phone users have a way out too. It may be covered by warranty for dev phones. Has anyone sent their phone in? 

Finally XDA flashing instructions clearly said if you downgrade to 4.x not to take the 5.x OTA - and downgrade flashing was never supported, especially using the tools that are not fastboot. 

Personally. I wish there was a single button "restore from brick" tool, but it doesn't exist. If you want your phone fixed, send it to Motorola - why is this not acceptable? 

View original

Sure, I'll take it to a service center where it would actually be covered under warranty as I have a Pure Edition device. But I'm not in the USA anymore and there isn't any in my country.

And other manufacturers that offer the tools/files?

Well, here's Microsoft's: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-au/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/recover-my-phone - yes, it actually (AFAIK) contains the blank flash files, even better, in a user-friendly tool.

Here's the one for the Nexus 6 (which should essentailly be treated the same as a Pure Edition device and is Motorola made): https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/143010/ - no, that's not a MEGA link, that's the official AOSP repo.

Enkoria
What's DOS?
Message 64 of 131

yes motorola should help us

Xdevillived666
What's DOS?
Message 65 of 131

Because they refused to service it
EkkoLP
Fanfold Paper
Message 66 of 131

The fix that Motorola offers is send the smartphone to the repair center, where them want to change your motherboard for 250€, instead releasing one file. They want to change hardware for a software issue.

XDA instructions exists since users like me alerted from that issue, not because Motorola told us anything.

And restore from brick tool does exist, we only need the BlankFlash files to make it run.

Thanks for nothing. I won't buy Moto again.
Enkoria
What's DOS?
Message 67 of 131

please help motorola

jacoblukewood
What's DOS?
Message 68 of 131

Seriously Motorola, help your users out.

DanielSammJr
What's DOS?
Message 69 of 131

Motorola never !!!
langelog
What's DOS?
Message 70 of 131

Please moto we need those files. Have mercy Smiley Sad

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More