cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 180
Message 6061 of 6,069

Re: Lenovo A5 Bootloader Unlock Problems?

@knsanthosh

Try the data scrub tool above the unlock input box on global unlock page, it works for me.
The link is on this page under step 5: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-b

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 176
Message 6062 of 6,069

Re: Bootloader Unlock Problems?

@Paulie76

As long as they are not Amazon or Carrier branded variants then yes. You always have a return period if the phones don't meet your needs. See the return options and eligibility to see if there is any cost to return and how long you have. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 174
Message 6063 of 6,069

@thornate

Your request has been submitted. Please allow at least 5 business days and watch your spam/social email folders for a response.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 174
Message 6064 of 6,069

@ripardorichard

If the output of fastboot oem get_unlock_data shows unavailable/failed then service is needed. There is no way to provide an unlock code if that command fails.

AbyssRus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 166
Message 6065 of 6,069

Im wait answer.

Message 6053

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 166
Message 6066 of 6,069

@missenc wrote:

I need help with a bunch of MotoZ Force phones.  They were donated by Lenovo to our nonprofit for use in medical education in the Ebola regions of Central Africa.  Unfortunately, they report the bootloader is unlockable.   This is important to us since the phones will be deployed as educational resources in areas with limited or no cell or Internet connectivity.  Even in areas with connectivity, the SIMs won't work and they can't afford to download OS updates.

How can we get these things unlocked?  They are labeled AT&T.

Thanks,

-- Cliff

ATT branded phones can't be bootloader unlocked - see page one of this thread. If you need to SIM unlock the device you need to contact ATT. 

If you have limited or no cell/internet connectivity i don't understand why you would need to bootloader unlock the phone. Bootloader locked phones can still sideload apps and work on wifi. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 150
Message 6067 of 6,069

@AbyssRus wrote:

Im wait answer.

Message 6053

I don't have any suggestions other then service. 

AbyssRus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 146
Message 6068 of 6,069

Cool answer Smiley Sad
AdB2001
Paper Tape
Views: 74
Message 6069 of 6,069

Just an update: for some of us there is light at the end of the tunnel. I recieved my unlock code (see post 15 oct) via e-mail.

Hope it does unlock my phone, now reading the various steps i was going to take a couple of weeks ago.

So: for some of us this forum works, keep up the good work and hope.

Top Kudoed Authors