Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 8 (2,274 Views)

Directed here by Motorola Live Chat...bootloader unlock

Hello, I was redirected here after speaking with Motorola Live Chat. I understand that there is controversy over the XT1585 DROID TURBO 2 and how the device is not supported by Motorola.  I have seen that Motorola says it is not supported "because Verizon doesn't allow it". I have contacted Verizon to request a statement allowing the unlocking of my bootloader, but since my device is paid in full they say I do not need "permission" from them. I have screenshots of the conversation which I can send if necessary. I then contacted Motorola Live Chat Support explaining my situation and they DIDN'T say that my bootloader could not be unlocked, but I needed to post to this forum first, and a developer would contact me. He also gave me the link to check if my device was supported, which it is not, but I do have the bootloader unlock request key. I believe that if I fully own my device, I should be able to what I want with it. If there is any possibility that I could send this key to someone so that they COULD send me the bootloader unlock code I would be more than gracious. I also know the risks of rooting and agree to the terms and conditions.

Thank you,

Nikki

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 8 (2,256 Views)

Re: Directed here by Motorola Live Chat...bootloader unlock

I don't know why the live chat would direct you here. This is a peer to peer forum, so the best way to get an answer from Motorola directly is through the support tab at the top of the window. Myself and the other Moderators don't work for Motorola. We can't change their policies. The only Verizon branded phones that are supported by the bootloader unlock program were both developer editions (they specifically say that on the phone's case). Any phone that is not on that supported list cannot be unlocked

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 8 (2,239 Views)

Thank you! I even told him that i wasnt supposed to request unlock codes on peer forums.  i apologize.

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 8 (2,237 Views)

The online and phone support are supposed to refer users to the forums for unlock questions.  We have a dedicated thread for unlock problems, but as you have noted, most Verizon phones are ineligible for boot loader unlock.

There is nothing anyone else can do to change that.

The only suggestions is to buy a non-carrier branded phone in the future.   

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 8 (1,692 Views)

BaLLiSTiXZ3R0 wrote:

Hello, I was redirected here after speaking with Motorola Live Chat. I understand that there is controversy over the XT1585 DROID TURBO 2 and how the device is not supported by Motorola.  I have seen that Motorola says it is not supported "because Verizon doesn't allow it". I have contacted Verizon to request a statement allowing the unlocking of my bootloader, but since my device is paid in full they say I do not need "permission" from them. I have screenshots of the conversation which I can send if necessary. I then contacted Motorola Live Chat Support explaining my situation and they DIDN'T say that my bootloader could not be unlocked, but I needed to post to this forum first, and a developer would contact me. He also gave me the link to check if my device was supported, which it is not, but I do have the bootloader unlock request key. I believe that if I fully own my device, I should be able to what I want with it. If there is any possibility that I could send this key to someone so that they COULD send me the bootloader unlock code I would be more than gracious. I also know the risks of rooting and agree to the terms and conditions.

Thank you,

Nikki

You are certainly entitiled to feel how you want to feel. But you saw the information on what phones are unlockable and which ones are not. 

Chat support is instructed to send all here as there are to many variables for them to keep track of, so that is correct, they did not tell you that your phone could not be unlocked. I will tell you that, and point you to this thread that covers which phones are unlockable and which are not. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/230/highlight/false/page/1/thread-i...

Unless Verizon and other Carriers/Amazon change their policy, their is nothing anyone here can do. If you can get the higher ups at Verizon to instruct the higher ups at Motorola to allow Verizon devices to be unlocked then it may happen. Keep in  mind Verizon has prevented their Pixel and Samsung Galaxy phone from being unlocked too - so the notion that it is Motorola and not Verizon is hard to believe.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Paper Tape
Message 6 of 8 (508 Views)

Good afternoon ...

I have a problem to unlock the bootloader of my moto maxx xt1080 ...

My father brought from the United States, it was from the verizon operator, I'm using the only one when I go on the motorola website to get my unlock code and popup saying that my maxx bike is not fit for this. Is there a way for me to get this code?...

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 8 (508 Views)

Good afternoon ...

My father brought from the United States, it was from the verizon operator,

I'm using the only one when I go on the motorola website to get my unlock code and popup saying that my maxx bike is not fit for this.

Is there a way for me to get this code?...

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 8 (502 Views)

afermino73 wrote:

Good afternoon ...

My father brought from the United States, it was from the verizon operator, I'm using the only one when I go on the motorola website to get my unlock code and popup saying that my maxx bike is not fit for this. Is there a way for me to get this code?...

Did you read my response above?

Top kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count