cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JebDslayer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 675
Message 1 of 2

"Your phone has booted into another operating system" message after unrooting and relocking bootload

I thought it would be fun to mess around rooting my Moto Z3 play, and got it rooted and everything. However, I then discovered that Google pay will no longer let me use pay in store, limiting my entire usage of tap and pay, which I used a lot. 

So I decided to try to restore my device to exactly how it was out of the box. I found a stock rom, reflashed it to my device, unrooting it, and relocked the bootloader before my first boot. However, when I booted up for the first time, I got the message "The device has booted into another operating system". And verity mode was still set to log. So after searching on XDA, I found out that the cause of this is because the copy of the stock rom I got was not genuine. Causing this message, and also causing Google pay to still not alow pay in store.

I looked around on the Moto website for the official version of the stock rom, but found nothing.

Is there any way to stop this message and allow tap and pay to work again?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Edit: This issue is now preventing me from recieving the Android Pie update.

NotHappyWMoto
What's DOS?
Views: 104
Message 2 of 2

Re: "Your phone has booted into another operating system" message after unrooting and relo

I have also tried to have this question answered via Customer Support. The support tech promised that an engineer would be calling with an answer. That hasn't happened. Because this lock-out is so arbitrary, and there's been no substantive response, this will be my third and last Moto phone (hence my handle).

I like the phone, but this arbitrary lock-out (which was not the case with my first generation Moto Z (falcon) nor my G Play (Harpia) is a game-changer, in the worst sense of the phrase. And the embargo on answering your question (which is my question, too) seems deliberate, in its silence.

Top Kudoed Authors