Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbnbpt
What's DOS?
Views: 2,773
Message 1 of 9

Direct dial shortcuts?

This is my first Android phone and reading various articles I want to put some direct dial shortcuts on one of my homepages. But of course when i click to add shortcut, direct dial is not listed. Does this exist on the citrus? Can I get it?

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 9

Re: Direct dial shortcuts?

MotoXprt marvin02 answered a similar question in this thread here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/280426#280426

I believe the Citrus should work in the same way.

I've personally gotten away from contact shortcuts and have just created speed dial entries.  I use an app called "Speed Dial Old School" that allows up to 99 speed dial entries and maintains it's own small database on the SD card.  It's $1 and there's an appbrain page describing it here:  http://www.appbrain.com/app/speed-dial-old-school/com.maplekeycompany.apps.speeddialer

- MarkC

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 3 of 9

Citrus does not have Contact quick tasks. AnyCut 2 seems to be a good free solution and agree that there are good cheap apps. Touch Call is another that's $1.

But I will also bring this up. Seems like the phone should support it...

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 9

Just installed AnyCut-2 per Matt's suggestion and it seems to work well.  Still in beta, so we'll have to see where they evolve it. - MarkC

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

Matt I may have misunderstood your statement, but my citrus does support the direct dial shortcuts. One of my 7 home screens contains short cuts to the most frequently called numbers. They aren't one touch direct dial per say as you have to click on the shortcut icon for that contact and then simply hit connect. For me it saves scrolling my long list of contacts for there frequently called numbers. As Well MarkC's suggestion is equally good. The one home screen with nothing but contact shortcuts makes it a lot easier for my frequently called numbers. Speed dials are good as MarkC pointed out, but I always get them confused or mixed.

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

In answer to the original post... Be on the home screen you want to the contact on, then press the menu button (lower left). Now click "ADD" and a "add to home screen" menu will pop up. Now click "shortcuts". Select "Contact" and browse your contacts and hit the one you want and it's now on your selected home screen. ;-)

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 7 of 9

I understood the OP to want to just have the phone dial on one touch, vs. going to a contact and then clicking on the number. But it looks like we've found free solutions for one- and two-touch dialing.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

Thanks Matt... Yeah I wasn't real clear on exactly what was wanted so posted my technique

News4la
Paper Tape
Views: 2,772
Message 9 of 9

On my Citrus Go to Dialer. Hit Menu. Hit Speed Dial set-up. Put numbers in from phonebook. To use hit number then Call button from Dialer.

On AIR, On LINE and On the GO!!