Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reala
What's DOS?
Views: 3,446
Message 1 of 19

Flash

Does the Moto Citrus have Flash Lite installed?  Or is it just the basic HTML browser without Flash?

Thanks.

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 19

Re: Flash

I see no reference to Flash in the material I  have, so I believe it just has the HTML browser.  (It also comes with Android 2.1 which doesn't support Flash.)  - MarkC

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 19

I have the Citrus and actually love it it for what I use it for. As far as Flash, no go...yet. I have heard from a few separate sources there are some "good" upgrades in the works for the phone however no timeline yet.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 4 of 19

It's my understanding the Citrus does run Flash Lite -- but for the life of me I can't find any sites that use it to check. Anyone?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 19

You can go to Weather Underground Matt and type in your zip the go to the animated radar for your area. I did and of course it doesn't animate, but I don't have even the Lite version installed. Didn't think you could. Let us know how it went. Also found the below link. I tried the process exactly like they said, but for some reason when I went to install using appinstaller it didn't see the file on the SD card.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-install-flash-10-1-on-android-2-1-eclai

Tony

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 19

I take it back Matt. The radar site is Java based. So with the Citrus how does the Java work?

tony

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 19

OK in reference to my other post above, I was actually using appinstaller to install Flash 10.1 and it installed fine with no errors. First time appinstaller didn't see it on my SD card. I'm like Matt though at the moment as to where to go to test the flash? Weird as it installed fine, vireus checker even checked it and said good to go so just need to test it? See other post on this with link....

tony

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 19

UPDATE on FLASH...........

Per my link above I installed Flash 10.1 and I finally found a site with Flash to test it. Speakeasy.net the speedtest site. It did actually work. It was slow and not accurate each time, but it work thus showing me the phone (Citrus) is capable of Flash (to a degree). I'm searching for other test sites and will report nay positive results. I was also able to view some Flash videos. Can't remember the links though. Speakeasy is very Flash intensive so was probably the upper end to try it on, but the only thing I found so far.  Flash 10.1 is a bit cumbersome I believe for the O/S 2.1 Ec, but with a Froyo update or maybe using a Lite Version (which I have not found) it may be more productive with better results (maybe). Bottom line the phone did perform using the 10.1 Flash. The 2 Flash videos I watched were flawless. Just thought I'd pass this along. Not a cure-all, but making progress lol.....

On edit here is one site I went to that has Flash Cartoons. They worked flawlessly... http://www.flashcartoons.org/

Tony

eric126
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 19

Hey Tony - Eric the new guy here....

I got 10.1 from the same place you did. I installed it with both ASTRO and AppInstaller (twice with AppInst) and rebooted each time. It shows up in my App Manager, but not in my App tray, and I'm getting no results from any sites, including the flash cartoon site. Any ideas? Thanks!

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 19

Morning Eric. Something is definitely amiss here. I installed it the first and only time with appinstaller and it's worked. The one thing it stressed in the install instructions was to be sure the 10.1 (.APK file) was located in the "ROOT" directory of your SD card. That part was in step # 3 of the install process. If not it most likely wouldn't work. I've found managing the SD card a bit cumbersome at times until I got a handle on it. That's the only issue I can think of as it has worked fine for me. .............. anyone else?

Tony