Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1of7627
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,784
Message 11 of 19

Re: Flash

Eric, Flash won't show up in the app tray.  If you have it in the app manager, you got it installed.  You might uninstall it once more and try Tony's steps as it should work the same way as his does.  We're still dealing with hypotheticals here as I don't think Android 2.1 reliably supports Flash.  But if Tony has it working, it should for others too.  (I haven't installed it on mine.  I'll give it a try when I have a chance.) - MarkC

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 19

Thanks Mark, let us know when you can. It does work for me and like I said it's not 100%, but for the most part I've been able to view most Flash videos such as on the news sites (which require the flash player) and others. There have been some I wasn't successful viewing as well. The first time I installed it the installer couldn't find it and it didn't show on the SD card until I figured out how to get it in the root folder of the card. I would think as MarkC states if it works on one Citrus it should work on any. I was actually a bit suprised it worked, but tried it since it was reported to have worked on other phones with 2.1 Eclair.

Tony

eric126
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 19

Hey Tony -

Perhaps the trouble I'm having is with the root folder. I created a new folder for .adk files on the card so I can find them easily with Installer, and I've been able to pull and install from there before. What do you mean by "root folder" exactly? I don't have a folder labeled root that shows up either on the phone or when I pull the card and read it with my PC....

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 19

Eric, your SD card is made up of different folders for all your different things and they are all listed in what's called the root of the card. (directory tree if you will) So the flash .apk file should not be in any separate folder but shown on the SD card in the list of all the folders and such (being the root). It's like looking at "C" drive on your computer and it shows everything there, that is the "root". So basically your SD card should show all your folders and such and other items and the .apk file should be in the main list of things, not in a folder. That is what got me the first coupler tries. Once I got it in the root of the SD card all went well.. I hope I explained that OK lol!? If not maybe Mark can help me out here ;-)....

Tony

eric126
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 19

Yeah, I get it. Keyword for me was "directory."     It needs to stand alone in the directory, not be put in a folder within the directory. I'll start from scratch and go that route. Thanks, Tony!

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 19

Cool   Let us know. Once installed and working you should be able to go to "file manager" on phone and then memory card and scroll down as mine shows up at the very bottom (the flash program).  Not sure why, but it took me a couple tries and also think it had to do with ther root issue. Once I got past that it worked fine.

Tony

eric126
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 19

It worked this time. Plays content on flashcartoons.org just fine, trying out other flash sites..... Thanks, Tony & Mark...Smiley Happy

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 19

Great ya got it Eric! Check some of the news sites that are set up for Mobile pages. Many of the news articles have a camera icon indicating video available. Those all seem to play fine for me as well. So far I'd say I've been able to view 80% plus of the flash videos I've tried. One thing to keep in mind, if the videos get a bit jerky (seldom) just try shutting down any uneeded apps you have running.

Tony

razrburn
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 19

I tried it about a month ago, I didn't follow the directions the first time, about placing on the sd card...

I just tried it again after be encuraged by the results everyone had... this time with much better luck, although I also found out not all flash sites work.. example of which is www.tmcustom.net which is a kitchen cabinet site with some flash banners