Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timothy632
What's DOS?
Views: 1,891
Message 1 of 6

Green Notification Light

I notice my green notification light has dimmed down so low I can barely see it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled apps and still nothing. I took out the battery and put it back in, and still the light is really hard to see. Any ideas on how to get this light bright again, or is my light about to die? FYI: this is my second replacement Citrus.

Thanks,

Tim

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Re: Green Notification Light

Although LED lights can fade as they approach their life expectancy (many years continuous use), I doubt that the LED has reached that point (although it is possible if it is defective). Do you possible have dirt in the recess, or maybe a screen protector obscuring it?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
timothy632
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

I took off my screen protector and its still a very faint green light. I replaced the battery and i am still having the same problem. I deleted all my apps (didn't have that many to begin with) and still nothing. Does anyone know if there is a setting that I am over looking to fix this?

Thanks,

Tim

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6

I don't know of any setting to change the intensity of the LED. Maybe take it into the store and show it to them - maybe get it exchanged... The LED should not fade during the life of the phone.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 6

I agree with AlphaDog that it's likely a hardware problem.  There are no settings that affect LED brightness. - MarkC

razrburn
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

I would suspect the led to be faulty.. some manufactures of leds have a faulty rate of 1-2% and of those, some have a extremely short life span... I think this would be covered Motorola as a manufacturing defect..