Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aircap
What's DOS?
Views: 2,822
Message 1 of 9

How do I upgrade my SD card?

I want to put in an SD card with more memory. How do I do that?

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 9

Re: How do I upgrade my SD card?

To access the SD card, power off the phone, remove the back and the battery.  You'll see the SD card in the compartment.   Gently remove the card and replace it with another.  The phone will support cards up to 32GB.  The standard card is a class 2, but you can use faster cards.  (A class 4 would probably be quite sufficient.)  Once you're installed it, replace the back, power up the phone and go to the SD Card option on the Settings menu and format the card.  That should do it. - MarkC

aircap
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

Thanks so much. I'll  have a new card is ASAP.

Highlighted
1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 9

Just to add a little more since I didn't have mine with me when I responded yesterday.  Once you have the back off, the card is on the left side of the battery and simply slides up to remove.  The battery doesn't even have to come out (but I'd power off and pull it anyway.) - MarkC

rubydeux
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

I got a 8 gb card for my backflip, to replace 2 gb. Is there a  safe way to preserve all the downloads, apps. on phone or copy to new card.

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 9

Apps from the market shouldn't be an issue.  If you have music or other items on your 2gb card, I'd probably connect the device to a PC, copy the contents of the old card to the PC keeping the folder structure intact, switch to the new card, format it in the device, then copy everything back intact from the PC to the new card.   - MarkC

mickydeenyc
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

Hi all you fellow SD upgraders...

re what MarkC said...

"I'd probably connect the device to a PC, copy the contents of the old  card to the PC keeping the folder structure intact, switch to the new  card, format it in the device, then copy everything back intact from the  PC to the new card."

uggh.... I was thinking that's what I would have to do.  I know it won't take too long, but I feel like it will.  LOL

(Getting impatient in my late "middle-age.)

Best,

Mike

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 8 of 9

Mike, I've done it a few times and it's a piece of cake.  (I'm with you on the "late middle age" bandwagon.) - MarkC

vcruyse
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9

I am struggling with upgrading my SD card to 8G.  I remove the old card, in insert the new card, I turn on the phone, and it is stuck with the motorla sybol in the middle of the screen.  Am I doing something wrong?

The new card is s MicroSD HC 4 from Kingston.

Vcruyse