Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firedude52
What's DOS?
Views: 1,366
Message 1 of 4

Java clarification please

While I know there are apps with its own Java built in, but I'm needing a Java based browser for many things (web based) I do associated with my weather station,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but believe the Java is based on the browser or is it based on the O/S? Is there an app that can enable Java for websites? I've solved my Flash issues for the most part as well as the video issues so all that is left is web based Java.

I'm not sure, but believe to enable Java with the Citrus would require an O/S upgrade to 2.2 (Froyo) which I'm not holding my breath on at the moment. Such a basic part of web browsing I would have thought Moto would have included this option/feature even in an entry level phone. I've tried other browsers such as Opera which by the way work well yet no Java leading me to think it'll require and O/S upgrade. The Citrus does most everything else so such an upgrade would would behoove Moto and its Citrus customers.

Happy new Year to all...

Tony

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 4

Re: Java clarification please

Tony, I'm trying to find Java/Android information but haven't found anything really substantial yet.

My favorite browser is XScope 6, which is the latest revision.  I have it on my D2 but not on the Citrus as it's a fee paid app (and well worth it for me).  I believe it would work fine on the Citrus as I had it on my original Droid 1 also before Froyo was released and it worked well. - MarkC

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Mark! I'll give XScope a try tonight or in the morning. I've really hunted on the Adnroid Java thing myself and have yet to come up with something definitive. I'll keep looking as well.

Tony

razrburn
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

goto getjar.com grab j2me youll need that for java apps, I also saw some java browsers on getjar as well