Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
electricblue78
What's DOS?
Views: 3,106
Message 1 of 12

Moto Citrus: Random shutdown

I've only had my Citrus for over a week and I like it a lot, but it shuts down all the time when I'm using it. It will happen sometimes when I try to open an app, or I check my email, or even when I'm typing a text message. It happens several times a day now. Is there anything I can do to make it stop this random shutting down? Or is it just a "bad orange" and I should try to get a new one from my provider?

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 12

Re: Moto Citrus: Random shutdown

I haven't heard of anyone having this problem with a Citrus.  If it happens randomly and doens't seem to be affected by vibration, I'd say you should return it for another.  Mine has worked reliably. - Markc

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 3 of 12

How often is "all the time?" Actually, what I want to know is if this can be reproduced -- if so, please let me know. Thanks for reporting it.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
electricblue78
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 12

It still happens about once a day. I can't see that any specific action triggers it. It was shutting off several times a day but I turned it off and took the battery out, and then it behaved itself for a day or so. So maybe it needs to be turned off every night while I charge it?

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 12

Shouldn't need to be turned off at night, though I have been shutting mine off.  I'll leave mine on for a few days of continuous use and see what happens.  - MarkC

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 12

No issues on it here yet on my end. I leave mine on 24/7 with an occasional shutdown for GP. It's possible a certain app may be causing this so you might try uninstalling an app or two, try it and see. If not reinstall those apps and try a couple others. Kind of a pain, but process of elimination of sorts.

electricblue78
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 12

Thanks to everyone who replied, you were all very helpful.

It seems that it was just that particular phone because I've had my new Citrus a few days and it hasn't shut down once. I've used it extensively, and I even downloaded all the same apps to make sure it wasn't one of them causing the problem. So far, so good!

It's a good phone and I'm happy to have it.

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 8 of 12

I was pretty confident if was something specific to your old Citrus.  Glad your new one is fine.  I have to agree it's a pretty neat little device.  I've had several other smartphones in the past, including an original Droid and now a Droid 2.  And, the Citrus is fully funtional for most everything I do.  It even gets my work (Exchange) e-mail via OWA reliably.  - MarkC

firedude52
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 12

That's great! Glad to see it all worked out! I've enjoyed the phone myself. Of course Flash would be nice and an upgrade to the O/S and I hear the latter will happen, not sure when. The phone has only been out a couple weeks so can't expect to much too soon. I knew what I was buying though and it has served me well so far.

newbuffalomom
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 12

Glad it was specific to your phone. I've had 2 Citrus phones in the past 3 weeks.  Both have had the same issues as yours as well as not being able to connect to make a call or send a text.  3 other Verizon phones have no problems.  Just my Citrus.  I wanted a phone that would make a call or send a text when I need it to. 

I give up, I'm trading this second one in and getting an LG.