Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firedude52
What's DOS?
Views: 805
Message 1 of 2

Verizon Iphone versus Citrus

Well as we all know Verizon will be offering the Iphone beginning this next month. $199 and AT&T even less, but I have sure talked to a lot of people who are going that route. Many were going to go with the Citrus due to low cost however I think the biggest drawback is the O/S and lack of Java even though it's a slower processor. In reality that part hasn't bothered me in the least. I was hoping Moto would upgrade the Citrus to Froyo and even enable the Java to hold a customer base. My son and daughter in-law were going to go with the Citrus due to cost and the fact it is a great phone until I gave them the ho down on it. With little to no input in this forum by the official Moto folks I think it's a sinking breed. Still never got an answer by the Moto folks what our last update was. What a shame........ My kids loved the phone until they saw the few shortcomings described already.  I reckon the money for Moto is in the big boy toys anyway.... While the Citrus wasn't designed to be a Droid it sure could be improved as an entry level smart phone, but it is missing a couple key components that most folks desire or need. My kids are threatening me with jumping on my contract and if so get me the Iphone. One minor drawback on the Iphone with Verizon is their CDMA network is a bit slower than AT&T's, but with many it won't be a noticeable difference unless they come over from say AT&T etc. I still say the Froyo O/S upgrade would definitely do a number on improvement of the Citrus. My son is pretty phone savvy and even he was surprised a few basic functions were absent even in what's called an "entry level phone".

Tony

razrburn
What's DOS?
Views: 805
Message 2 of 2

Re: Verizon Iphone versus Citrus

j2me is a third party app what helps it run java applications.. check out getjar.com

I found market to be purposely limited by Motorola, I started a thread on this long story short mint isnt in market and I hacked it to my phone being unrooted and original rom, and it works

a draw back is being 2.1 it is already behind the bleeding edge 2.3..

Note the iphone sucks Its way more limiting then a android based device... and now a few androids are getting usb host enabled..

so doing things like taking a picture on your digital camera and transferring the to your android then emailing all on the go with your phone and camera only...

The iphone will never see this in the next few years...