cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
namrakjr
What's DOS?
Views: 1,062
Message 1 of 3

When I connect my phone to my computer, it's a read-only cd drive??

I just got my motorola Citrus, and I'm completely confused.  I'm trying to load a video onto my phone, and I've done everything right, but for some reason my computer is telling me my phone is a read-only cd drive.  I've tried all 4 usb modes, and the only one that did anything different was the Windows Media Sync, which didn't mount at all.  It continued to  tell me new hardware had been found, but it did nothing when I clicked on the notification, Windows Media Player did not recognize it as a device, and it was not to be found in My Computer, either.  Anyone know what's going on??

Also, I've seen a lot of questions about videos on the citrus, and I found an amazing tutorial for this, (if only I could get my phone to sync) here.  They have a suprising amount of thourogh tutorials specifically for the Citrus.  I really hope someone can help me; I'm asuming that it has to be something super easy that I'm just missing...  Thanks!

Highlighted
namrakjr
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 3

Re: When I connect my phone to my computer, it's a read-only cd drive??

So, after a relaxing trip to the grocery store, my frustrations were soothed.  My assumtion of looking past something ridiculously simple was dead on.  I guess my freakishly old custom server/comuter was chock full of old skool usb ports, and I just had to hunt down my 2.0 ports.  Duh.  Thanks anyway!  Hope my link helps some people out though, it made my task a heck of a lot easier.

1of7627
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 3

Re: When I connect my phone to my computer, it's a read-only cd drive??

Glad you were able to solve the issue.  I apologize for not getting back with a response more quickly.  The Citrus forum hasn't had a lot of activity and sometimes doesn't get the attention it needs.  Good luck with the device. - MarkC