cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
razrburn
What's DOS?
Views: 1,415
Message 1 of 4

motorola why is markets applications limited?

I'd like to know why your support for applications in market is so terrible.. example mint(apk file) is compatible on android 1.6 and up yet it wont show in market...

yet with some hacking I have it installed on my citrus without rooting, and still on the same stock rom... when I first questioned the staff at motorola about this issue... I was told "I Apologize, the motorola citrus only installs apk files at this time..."

This is the second of two motorola products, that I have purchased and have been very upset with the quality...

being that it is on 2.1 is not the issue with this device, the issue is it has been butchered by motorola so bad, they dont even know what they have...

its like saying mac is linux, they think thier moto modded android is still android.. so it is falsely advertised as a android phone...

razrburn
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: motorola why is markets applications limited?

AboutToGoPostal
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

I've had similar bull droppings from Google and ZTE with my ZTE Score.  Google Voice (an app from Google itself) works just fine on the phone, but you have to sideload the app. 

Which requires a lot of work because it's hard to get the .apk

The app store claims, incorrectly, that it's incompatible.  Google gave me the run-around, and so did ZTE; they pointed fingers at each other.

There's a way to figure out who's mostly to blame: once you get the app, you can get a tool and look at the manifest*.  Either the app is configured to require a feature that it doesn't really need, and/or the Google database indicates the phone doesn't have a feature that it actually does have.

For the GV app:

The Google Play store phone support recognizes there's a problem, but then level two support plays dumb - Julie says the app requires a camera auto focus feature on my device - even though the app doesn't use the camera at all.  She says ZTE told google that my phone doesn't have a microphone, and that's why the store won't let me download Google Voice.    Of course, my phone does have a microphone.  And besides, Google Voice doesn't have any features that require a microphone!!???!!!

*Use ManifestExplorer to access the AndroidManifest.xml file...

There are details regarding what I'm talking about at http://productforums.google.com/d/topic/voice/98ZQ2OQ5yvQ/discussion or ask me for more details.

There are MANY compatible apps that work on my X500 that the App Store won't let me download, so I bet the same goes for the Citrus.

It's a scam, plain and simple, IMO. 

Highlighted
darlene-2
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

I agree 100%