Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA CITRUS™
All Forum Topics
Options

27 Posts

12-17-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 2

App Recovery.....

2010-12-26, 22:38 PM

Showing my unfamiliarity with smartphones here, but...... I have Solo installed (virtual guitar). I got an auto update, and it's made the app unstable. What's the best way to reset the app to before the update, if that's possible...

Thanks,

Eric

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: App Recovery.....

2010-12-27, 15:27 PM

Eric, it's probably not possible unless the app developer releases or has the prior versions on his website.  There are a couple of things you can do to help.  There are several apps that will back up your current apps to the SD card.  One I've used is called "OnTheFly Backup".  (An appbrain.com page on it is here:  http://www.appbrain.com/app/onthefly-backup-free/com.C30BY40.onthefly_backup )

This app backs up your apps as .apk files on your SD card making it easy to reinstall them if you need the same version over again.  I usually back them up when I install them and keep the last version once they're updated and I've tested them.  In your case, if you've checked the developers site and prior versions aren't available (and he hasn't updated it again since your got the unstable one), then the only recommendation I can give is uninstall it and get the latest one from the Market.  It may have just clitched a bit on install and may be okay once installed from scratch. Good luck. - MarkC

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms