India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 1

Non-working wi-fi and Android market

2012-03-02, 8:47 AM

Hi,

I got my Defy+ yesterday. I was really excited about playing with it. But sadly, I am facing so many breaking issues.

1. I am unable to connect to my wifimodem at all. When the mobile tries to connect to the modem, most of the time the Internet connection drops and the modem goes on a loop, forcing a modem restart. My room mates have had no issues with connecting their Android phones (HTC Desire HD and HTC Wildfire S).

2. When I try to download some apps from the Android Market, the download fails. Every single time. I have a 3G data plan which works very well when I am browsing, but Android market looks like a complete no-go.

3. Cannot authenticate to Google Talk. The phone has absolutely no problems with accessing my other Google assets. I have no idea what the issue is with Google Talk. The irritating part is that, every now and then I get a notification regarding the authentication failure.

Can anybody give me any pointers to fix these issues?

Long story short, I am seriously thinking about returning the phone since I have a 30 day money back policy from the vendor. Catalyzing this decision is the lack of ICS update. I really like the feel of the phone and want to make the most out of it, rather than cop it up and get another phone.

Edit: Country - India. Android version - 2.3.6. Build number: 4.5.1-134_DFP-1321

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete