Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Destemone
What's DOS?
Views: 741
Message 1 of 6

Defy mini short space for apps :(

Hello! guys i just got me a motorola defy mini and i like it aloot it runs smooth but there is only one "problemo" after installing 10 apps from the google store, i have no more space Frown from the 512 mb of space only 200 mb ar for apps this is frustating u have 100000000 apps but u can run or use only a few Cry u could put a 32 gb sd on it but for what music and photos and videos ....and the apps????for a phone that has the ability to run so many apps u should consider a bigger memory space.....or let the option for root acces free to the customer.

If u guys have some solution please let me know i would like to use at maximum my mini Smile

thanks!

woffs
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 6

Re: Defy mini short space for apps :(

try do remove the 18 MB update for google maps and use the builtin version instead, and do not automatically update.

Angry_Of_Mayfai
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

I'm in the same boat. Got a Mini to use while my RAZR is getting fixed (NOT happy about that!) & after downloading 4 apps,I have no space. Given that almost none of the apps give the option of being stored on the SD card, this is pretty piss-poor, Motorola! NOT IMPRESSED!

Lugszthomas
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 6

Same ( about 10 apps and its full)but I am sure they know this . Trying the market out with a phone with hardly any space . I am impressed if this is what they can do with this small amont of memory just waiting for them to really show what they can do with some kick ass memory in the future. 

Richardo
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

Since the original post it has become possible to access the root directory and remove unwanted pre installed apps. Since Motorola do not support this (shame on you) this is probably not the forum to discuss it.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 6 of 6

Hey all,

This phone has a specific target group - with it being robust, small and relatively cheap it was meant to target people who only need about 1-2 apps if any.

Angry_Of_Mayfair, Destemone,  I am not surprised that you are not happy with it - I wouldn't be either, it just doesn't meet my requirements.

Regarding root, same as always - the official forum can't be the place to discuss this because Motorola doesn't support root.  Richardo is right here.

A good thing to do is to remove the automatic updates as woffs said - that helps.

Cheers,

Nicole