Message 1 of 6

How to fix a boot loop on a Motorola DEFY™ MINI

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 2,652
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to fix a boot loop on a Motorola DEFY™ MINI

Hi Paer76,

did you try to reset your Defy mini already? Does it help to take the SD-card out of the phone?

Cheers,

Nicole

andri_yatim
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 3 of 6

Annoyingly happened to me today, this infinite boot loop sequence.

I've tried all of Nicole's steps, but instead of a box with an arrow i get a backlit but black screen,which continues til i let go of the power+VOL up+down buttons. Then it goes back to the Motorola boot-loop. My Xt320 is mint, never dropped, and kept in a case. No overcharging or jailbreaks either.

I really love (loved?) my Defy Mini and am thoroughly pissed. Picked it up in the UK, but am in Malaysia now. Service here is ghastly.

I've recently just replaced my Atrix 4G with the Atrix 2. That was due to dead speakers, wonky bluetooth,etc.

Tell me Nicole, am i just a sucker for punishment? Can't stand other brands but my patience with broken Motos is wearing very thin.

SurveyorGeorge
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 6

Same thing has happened to me.  Noticed this morning a "low memory" warning and also a "low battery" warning too.  BAD OMEN!  Before I could connect with a charger the phone shut down with low battery.  After a full charge, when I restart the phone it is stuck in the boot-loop.  I removed battery and restart - same thing.  Remove SIM card and restart - same thing.  Remove SD card and restart - same thing.  Can't even force a re-format by power+vol-up - it just ignores this.  Was theer any solution to this problem or should I just go shopping for a new phone... Thanks.

andri_yatim
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 5 of 6

I've to say, the Moto Defy Mini was indeed an absolutely wonderful little phone. A great shame a successor was never released nor is one in the pipeline. I've tried many different brands in the interim, but always seem to gravitate towards Motorola.

SurveyorGeorge, a great little device which truly is great yet doesn't break the bank is the excellent new Moto E LTE at just USD$150. Alternatively if you can't wait just go for the superb Moto G 2nd Gen. $180 buys you a fantastic experience with little to no cons. Surprisingly rugged, too.
Highlighted
dosh1
Paper Tape
Message 6 of 6

boot-loop

The problem for me is i cant go to recovery mode, stuck in android logo, and defy is also not charging

hey, if you are stuck in an android logo, it means its the infinite boot-loop thing..

PLEASE make sure you are CORRECTLY trying to get into stock recovery or bootloader.

Here is what to do to get into recovery first:

1- turn off your phone (take the battery out and then put it back in)

2- press and OLD the volume DOWN button + power button 

3- Motorola logo appears first, then after a few seconds an 'android ROBOT logo' appears

4- press volume UP and DOWN buttons at once, quickly 

5- from the menu choose 'factory reset/wipe-format data' 

6- then do 'wipe cache' 

7- then do a reboot

see if it helps and you are able to start the phone normally 

P.S. don't worry - a bootloop is a considerably easy thing to fix, at least i managed to fix mine yesterday. 

good luck