Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madros40
What's DOS?
Views: 486
Message 1 of 5

cant get photo thumbnails Defy Mini

When I bring up the gallery instead of getting thumbnails of photos so I can scroll and find a particular photo, instead all I get are black and white icons with a red padlock for every photo (thumb). I have to tap on each one to get the photo to open - but then I can not scroll from 1 photo to the next - i have to go back to each loced one to move along. Please tell me how to get rid of the padlocks!

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 5

Re: cant get photo thumbnails Defy Mini

Hi Madros40,

Did you take these pictures with your phone? Can you access the pictures from the computer? Did you download a thirdparty gallery app?

Let me know.

Cheers,

Nicole

Hazrain
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

Same problem here.

All images, downloaded from the web, copied from the computer, and captured images with the phone's camera doesnt have a proper thumbnail. All the images are accessible from the computer. No such thirdparty app for gallery were installed.

I remember this hapenned to me when I turned off my phone, and took out my memory card and placed it back in and turning it on.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 4 of 5

Hey Hazrain & Madros40,

Try this:

Backup all photos and format the SD card.

Then, clear cache and data on Gallery app: settings--> apps--> manage apps--> all--> gallery

Restart the phone and leave it for a couple of minutes, and then transfer the photos back.

Does this help? Let me know!

Cheers,

Nicole
finnland
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

Hazrain said:

Same problem here.

All images, downloaded from the web, copied from the computer, and captured images with the phone's camera doesnt have a proper thumbnail. All the images are accessible from the computer. No such thirdparty app for gallery were installed.

I remember this hapenned to me when I turned off my phone, and took out my memory card and placed it back in and turning it on.

If the images from your memory card can be processed in computer, I do not think it has any connection with the memory card. Maybe you can try some other external image editors. Then you will find the essence of your problem.