Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pynelady
What's DOS?
Views: 1,517
Message 1 of 3

defy mini wont start up red m only

Please help me. I tried to restart my phone after it kept force closing when I tried to open my text messaging. Now it wont boot up at all and all im getting is a very frustrating pulsating m. Please help, I dont know how to fix it and its the only way people can get in touch with me. Thankyou!

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 3

Re: defy mini wont start up red m only

Hey pynelady

I just posted an answer here for somebody in the same situation, maybe that helps?

Let me know.

Cheers,

Nicole

AndyT8
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: defy mini wont start up red m only

FACTORY RESET

If you want to do a factory reset this is how I did it on my Motorola Defy Mini (not shown on my profile as selection does not give this option and it did not recognise my IMEI number either;  I am in UK by the way).

Press and hold both  Vol_Up and Vol_Down keys and then press the Power_On key.  Release all after phone vibrates to indicate it has powered up.  It should boot to a screen showing an open white box and an android man logo.   Momentarily tap the power button to get the menu showing.

There should now be a blue text menu at the top of the screen overlaying the box and android logo.

Select from the menu using the Vol_Up and Vol_Down keys to navigate and the Camera key to select.

You can try a few other options from the menu - like wipe cache and then reboot -  if you like but then the most drastic is a factory restore (you loose all you data and apps except that which is on the sd card which you should have removed before doing this procedure).   If phone then works okay you simple add back your google account and then go to play store and re-load all the apps you have purchased etc...

Andy

P.S. 

I had to resort to wipe cache;  then a factory restore; then a restart.  Up it came after while of the pulsating "M" logo (Mo Farah) like a new phone asking for SIM etc.  (yes I removed my sim as well as SD card just in case).  This saved sending my phone away for weeks and my phone is way out of its 12mth warranty anyway. Just before it hung up it was crashing a lot on the browser so I did a normal power off and restart in the hope of curing that (just like you do with windows all the time) but hey ho it hung and so I got involved in finding out how to do a factory restore which I am sharing with you all above.