Re: Android 4.0.3 ICS

nothing is impossible..... yes it is not official Smiley Wink

Defy_ics_4_0_3
What's DOS?
Views: 515
Message 23 of 58

Jy_Bravo said:

Ok, so if the Defy+ "can't support" the ICS OS upgrade, explain to us why!  As pointed out above Motorola phones with less powerful CPU and lower onboard memory are getting ICS where is the HW limitiation coming from?  Is it to do with some of the components on the mainboard, the wifi system, the video engine, what???

If the Defy+ can't "handle" the ICS upgrade please explain why, else you will see a portion of the users just go and bootload their phones and install it anyway which will be really bad for Motorola PR IF indeed ICS works and is stable on the Defy+.  That would really sour current owners even more than the silent treatment I have seen so far and push people to competitors.

It does my friend

kongwinian
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 58

I will never buy MOTOROLA phone anymore, 
you'll lose lots of customers because of your "upgrading policy".
You had earned lots of money with this phone. Motorola DEFY plus is the best phone among motorola Android series but you dissapointed me.
Goodbye Motorola 

Priyanku
Fanfold Paper
Message 25 of 58

Well may be the I will be banned from this place for this but my suggestion: 

--rom references removed-- What is best is that they care for the users more than motorola do! Put a question or a bug and you will get a solution in a jiffy or a workaround to fix the prob!!!

Go ahead get your hands on it. As they say: ON YOUR FACE MOTO! Smiley Very Happy

PS: Visit --removed-- for more info

--Information to ROM references removed Edited by Mark (Forums Manager)

chroma1
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 58

Hi there, new member kinda hoping to get some answers (although it seems this has been beaten to death already). I had a Defy+ ordered from Amazon when I came across this whole no-ICS-update-just-because issue. Immediately cancelled the order until furher notice.

It is apparent the hardware can handle ICS and I am all in for --reference removed-- but this lack of support is a deal breaker for me. Heck even a guy at work with a brand new RAZR and still no ICS for him.

Come on moto, I work for a very very large enterprise storage vendor and if enough customers ask for something they get a special firmware out for them. So step up your game.

Edited by Mark (Forums Manager) for reference to known modding site. Keywords(Rom Names, Modding communities, ROM Authors) and links are prohibited. [1]

Priyanku
Fanfold Paper
Message 27 of 58

chroma said:

Hi there, new member kinda hoping to get some answers (although it seems this has been beaten to death already). I had a Defy+ ordered from Amazon when I came across this whole no-ICS-update-just-because issue. Immediately cancelled the order until furher notice.

It is apparent the hardware can handle ICS and I am all in for cyanogenmod but this lack of support is a deal breaker for me. Heck even a guy at work with a brand new RAZR and still no ICS for him.

Come on moto, I work for a very very large enterprise storage vendor and if enough customers ask for something they get a special firmware out for them. So step up your game.

As you said --ROM reference removed-- is the best option out! these company has no customer support ethics!

Edited by Mark (Forums Manager) for reference to known modding site. Keywords(Rom Names, Modding communities, ROM Authors) and links are prohibited. [1]

Richy
Paper Tape
Message 28 of 58

Never mind ICS - I'd settle for a stable 2.3.6. I've had 2 Defy+'s and they've both crashed and rebooted on a regular basis. One has gone back and hopefully never to return. They've even crashed and booted in factory condition without any other apps loaded by myself? Now we're told there will be no further updates so I'm left flapping in the wind with a flakey phone? Too bad really. Time too look elsewhere. I was looking at a new Razr but think a wide berth is called for. BTW - both defy's have locked bootloaders so my options are a big fat zero.

completeidiot
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 58

I think what Richy says is very perceptive. I too would just like a phone that works and that has some level of software support, i.e. fixing the problems identified here and elsewhere.

Priyanku
Fanfold Paper
Message 30 of 58

completeidiot said:

I think what Richy says is very perceptive. I too would just like a phone that works and that has some level of software support, i.e. fixing the problems identified here and elsewhere.

Richy said:

Never mind ICS - I'd settle for a stable 2.3.6. I've had 2 Defy+'s and they've both crashed and rebooted on a regular basis. One has gone back and hopefully never to return. They've even crashed and booted in factory condition without any other apps loaded by myself? Now we're told there will be no further updates so I'm left flapping in the wind with a flakey phone? Too bad really. Time too look elsewhere. I was looking at a new Razr but think a wide berth is called for. BTW - both defy's have locked bootloaders so my options are a big fat zero.

Seems you have not heard of --reference removed--! And am not allowed to name ROM here! So, go visit that and se what can be achieved even with locked bootloader! Talking of support... Well --reference removed-- again! You get much better support there! The forum is very active!