Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Priyanku
Fanfold Paper
Views: 435
Message 41 of 58

Re: Android 4.0.3 ICS

Richy said:

I'm pretty sure there will be no ICS official update for the Defy+ from Motorola and believe they have pretty much said as much?

If you have a search around there is a whole community dedicated to ROMs and Firmwares and quite a bit of help there if you read up. You can pretty much update to ICS yourself though you'd void your warrenty (such as it is?). I'm not allowed to point you to the 3 letter website but no doubt you'll find it yourself. I have flashed ICS onto my Defy plus and it feels a fair bit faster than with GB. Even better - my Defy hasn't (to date) rebooted since installing ICS so well pleased. I've encountered no probs and wonder why Motorola hasn't offered ICS, though no doubt have their reasons.

Nope you are wrong in the part of voiding warranty! In fact check out the video posted by XDATV on US Indepenence Day.. You may even sue a company if they deny you warranty due to root! But to be simple just unroot and do SBF flash and you get back warranty!

If only they could have unlocked the kernels and bootloaders we would have had even better custom ICS builds!

Rahul5
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 58

Yeah, I have already found the ICS version for my device, but my question is how will I be able to revert it back to original 2.3.6 firmware, if the ICS version doesn't workout for me.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Message 43 of 58

Great news: Defy+ will receive Jelly Beans update. Unofficial, off course. With only few developers, JB will be ported on this phone.

Motorola is losing customers with this policy. Razr Maxx or Razr HD looks good but I'll never buy a Moto exept the case if Moto will release a Nexus phone.

Priyanku
Fanfold Paper
Message 44 of 58

And we have a JB pre alpha build! Smiley Happy Check it out. its by --reference removed--.

Admin:--reference removed-- is a developer not ROM! LOL

Edited by Mark (Forums Manager) for reference to known modding site. Keywords(Rom Names, Modding communities, ROM Authors) and links are prohibited.  [1]

Rahul5
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 58

To get unofficial update we have to root the device, but how can we root defy plus which is having BL7? Please help me, I am searching for the step by step guide since last month.

Priyanku
Fanfold Paper
Message 46 of 58

@Rahul5: Check it on --modding site reference removed--. You will get it there.. Smiley Happy I cant refer here coz the admins won't allow..!

Edited by Mark (Forums Manager) for reference to known modding site. Keywords(Rom Names, Modding communities, ROM Authors) and links are prohibited. [1]

Rahul5
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 58

@pranks89: Can you email the link to me, my email id is ** personal information removed **. Also, this is the first time I am doing such type of experiments with the phone, so if you have some tips for me, then please tell me. 

Rahul5
What's DOS?
Views: 433
Message 48 of 58

Finally updated to ICS, thanks pranks89 for the link.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Message 49 of 58

Rahul5 said:

Finally updated to ICS, thanks pranks89 for the link.

Congratulations! Soon we'll have Jelly Beans update, unofficial off course. Sealed

Priyanku
Fanfold Paper
Message 50 of 58

Welcome @Rahul5.. Soon JB too is coming Smiley Very Happy