Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Srikkkanth
What's DOS?
Views: 307
Message 1 of 5

DEFY+ Gets Stopped Charging when it gets Over-heat

Hi, im using DEFY+ for past one year. No problems till yesterday. But today i got a new one.

I use to do connect my Phones Bluetooth and access GPRS in my LAP. so eventually after an HOUR,My defy+ gets over heated. also battery will get discharged fastly. So i PLUG IN the power and continue my Work..

Today, Once the my device gets heated, i put CHARGE.But it didnt get charge  at all!!!!.. I removed the battery from it and wait to cool it down..  after 15 mins, i Re inserted the battery and start the to charge it. It gets charged. Again i connect GPRS in LAP through Bluetooth. It gets HEATED withing and half an hour and IT STOPPED CHARGING. please help me..

i used to have this procedure for a long time, it was working perfectly.Now i am facing this issue..

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 5

Re: DEFY+ Gets Stopped Charging when it gets Over-heat

Hey Srikkkanth,

I am not sure if I understood the issue correctly. You connect your phone to your laptop via Bluetooth, correct? What are you using it for?

If your phone gets too hot, then a security mechanism will kick in and your phone will either turn off or reboot.

Does your phone get hot only when charging?

If so, does it get hot as well with a different charger?

Do you have many background applications running? When did you last reset your phone?

Let me know.

Cheers,

Nicole

Srikkkanth
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

Hi Nicole.  So Nice of u to reply me back.tks.

Well, regarding ure Quetions,

Does your phone get hot only when charging?

NO !! Nly when using 3G NETWORK Connecting with LAPTOP for Browsing purpose....

No background apps i use, also i use nly MOTOROLA Accessories for charging....

But Now i myself solved the issue.. pls let me know wat i doing is Correct ???

STEP 1: im taking a TISSUE PAPER and just wetting it with water

STEP 2: Squeeze the TISSUE,so that it dosnt have WATER DROPLETS but just WET...

STEP 3:: After that i just Roll that tissue over my Moto Defy+ like SANDWICH or Burger....

thats it...   i do all my activites,Now my phone dosnt Heat at all !!!!  The HEAT is just abosorbed by the WET TISSUE..    every 1hr once i just sprinkle some water on my tissue..

Can i continue this... ???

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 4 of 5

Hey Srikkkanth,

Please do not do this. You don't want water anywhere near your laptop or to the connectors. The phones coating is resistant against water, not the inside, you are putting yourself in danger of being electrocuted!

Even if you are saying you are careful enough, if water comes in the inside of the phone, it will break and so might your laptop (if connected with a cable and an unlucky power surge occurs).

I would much rather recommend to buy a new battery to see if that helps, or a new charger or to send the phone off for a repair, but not to sprinkle your phone with water. I strongly discourage you from doing this - honestly - don't.

Nicole

Administrator
Administrator
Message 5 of 5

Agree 100 percent -- keep water away from your phone.

Are you using the charger that came with your Defy?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!