Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopster1
What's DOS?
Views: 13,977
Message 1 of 6

DEFY I want to download/save sms conversations to

I Want to download/save my sms conversations and my call log to my computer/ sd card. My phone is running android 2.2.2 and I have downloaded a file manager app by fx, but don't know if or how I can navigate to the correct folder. I have a prepaid account so my provider does not keep records of phone calls. Can anyone help please?

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 6

Re: DEFY I want to download/save sms conversations to

Hi hopster,

The sms conversations can only be downloaded by a third party app. For the call logs, I will do the research where to find it and let you know soon.

Cheers,

Nicole

hopster1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply Nicole. Can you suggest an app I can use to download the conversations? I have been labouriously copying the text of each message using the motorola portal progamme on the puter then pasting it into a word doc, but it is the text only - the date sent/received is not included.

Highlighted
MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 4 of 6

Hi hopster,

did you try those:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.CallLogBackupRestore&feature=search_res...

I only had the first one tested, and you just tap on backup. You don't have to navigate and find folders. Hope it works as well with the other application. It is the same developer, maybe you would like to contact him for further information as well.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Nicole

hopster1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

Thanks heaps Nicole for pointing me in the right direction. I downloaded both apps, backed up, then copied files from sd card to puter.

Sorry about late reply - been holidayin.

Thanks again

Hopster

What's DOS?
Views: 13,975
Message 6 of 6