Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valeto
What's DOS?
Views: 1,306
Message 1 of 43

Defy+ MB526 Restarting several times per day

Hi everyone,

I bought my Defy + approx. 1 month ago and I'm a really proud owner of this brand new unlocked Defy +...

Except one little detail.

My Defy+ restarts spontaneously from time to time. The curious thing that one of the restarts was during the night, with Cellular data disabled, WIFI - set to off and without any specific task at all. The symptoms for a performed restart are: the red blinking MOTO logo in the center /if noticed on time/, the restarting sound, the sign for rading the SD card, and after all these - the default wallpaper /not customized/ and the time running in Manage App service corresponds with the time from the last restart. Even more, the restart doesn't require a PIN confirmation

PLEASE, can anyone help me, it's really annoying

I'm receiving these restarts up to 3 times per day and on the next day - none???

I have a plenty of available space in the internal storages as well as in my 32 Gb SD.

Regards

Valentin

Shane_OBrien
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 43

Re: Defy+ MB526 Restarting several times per day

Valentin,

I have an Electrify.  I have the same problem with restarts.  I did a factory reset on my phone and didn't install a music player like Pandora or I Heart Radio and now my phone works fine.  It sucks that I can't use a online music player but now the phone doesn't restart.  I think if you try that your phone will work great.  If you see this post let me know if it works for you.

Shane

Richy
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 43

Shane_OBrien said:

Valentin,

I have an Electrify.  I have the same problem with restarts.  I did a factory reset on my phone and didn't install a music player like Pandora or I Heart Radio and now my phone works fine.  It sucks that I can't use a online music player but now the phone doesn't restart.  I think if you try that your phone will work great.  If you see this post let me know if it works for you.

Shane

I'd not bet on it!!

My Defy Plus does the same and there are reports on other forums of the same problem. I have reset my phone and been careful what I install app wise and still it randomly reboots. Been in touch with Moto support and amongst things to try they is change the sim card as it could be an incompatability issue - not convinced personally. I'm towards the end of my t-mobile contract so have been trying other network payg sims to test there service in my area and my Defy+ has rebooted with them all. Motorola support say I need another type of card other than N-5 type simcard? T-Mobile say they only supply one type though never said which. Admitedly I've only spoken to one t-mobile rep.

Anyway, it's totally random behaviour and sometimes will go for days without a reboot. Has rebooted in the night when doing nothing. I suspect it's probably a hardware fault. As it goes mine last rebooted on Friday when it did 4 times. No reboots until today when it has twice this afternoon (tuesday).

I like the phone a lot though the reboot issue is dissapointing. The worst is when it does it mid call and of course takes it a minute or two to boot up. Is it just Motorola phones that are so slow at booting. I looked at a second hand Motorola Atrix on Ebay then a little research turned up quite a few of them were plagued with the reboot issue.

Come on Motorola - what's the issue with the rebooting and be big enough to stand by your phones.

Robbedoes
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 43

Hi,

I'm using 2 Defy's and one Defy+. When I bought the 2nd Defy it rebooted randomly as you say. I did not hesitated and went back to the shop demonstrated the issue and got a new one immediately without discussion which works still like a charm (so do the other 2).

The issue could be anything: bad contact, static discharging, software, cards (sim and/or memory) ... you name it. IMHO you should get it serviced or replaced before warranty runs out.

completeidiot
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 43

Mine has randomly rebooted very occassionally in the past, but recently it has got much worse for no apparent reason. I'm now up to about 6 random reboots a day making the phone almost impossible to be reliable enough for work. Can't quite identify a possible cause, but in/out of data and/or reception looks possible.

babushan
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 43

Hi,

I bought the phone last week and i am also having the same issue. I have resetted to the factory setting but still it is rebooting frequently. Have you resolved the issue or still you have the same problem.

Regards,

Babushan

completeidiot
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 43

@Babushan

No, I have not resolved the issue. It is truely a random problem (some days my phone works fine, other times it will reboot just on its own time after time without me even moving/rouching it), making it very difficult to identify any correlation or causal effects. I personally dont know if it is possible or how to keep a log of the systems memory output inorder to send to Motorola for diagnostics?

There just seems to be silence from Motorola on this one??????? In the absence of any support....

What I do know is that it effectively makes the phone useless, so I will return it to the supplier when I return from overseas.

Mto
Bit Torrent
Message 8 of 43

Please contact Motorola Support in your region in that matter:

http://www.motorola.com/countryselector

completeidiot
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 43

I contacted support and they told me to hard reset. Surprise!

babushan
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 43

@completeidiot

after hardresetting the defy+, is the issue resolved?