Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spanner1
Punch Card
Views: 478
Message 31 of 43

Re: Defy+ MB526 Restarting several times per day

Interesting, Motorola always seem to blame the SIM for the reboot but I think it's more the case that the Defy+ isn't very compatible with the various SIM's out there.... surely it's a basic requirement that a phone copes with pretty much any SIM and if not, it shouldn't reboot totally randomly should it?!?

I know older SIM's can cause issues with smart phones such as unreliable connectivty (at my work we support hundreds of cell phones and occasionally an old SIM does this) but it never makes a phone reboot, it simply does weird things with network connectivity, especially data.

I think Motorola are well aware of this issue and rather than sort the problem out which sounds to be hard to replicate on a reliable basis mostly they just tell you to try another SIM. I dare say this model won't get any further updates.

completeidiot
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 43

Motorola's defalt always seems to be to blame third partiy software/hardware.

When I returned to the UK I resumed using the same (Vodafone) SIM card that I used without random reboot for the first 3 months of owning my phone. Surprise, 9 months later, it now randomly reboots using that same SIM.

My conclusion is that there is hardware deterioation in the motherboard (data radio part) or some similiar hardware degredation problem.

And yes, I hard reset, reformated my SD card and kept it clean of nasty Apps!

Mto
Bit Torrent
Message 33 of 43

In this case, contact Motorola Support in the UK:

https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask

completeidiot said:

Motorola's defalt always seems to be to blame third partiy software/hardware.

When I returned to the UK I resumed using the same (Vodafone) SIM card that I used without random reboot for the first 3 months of owning my phone. Surprise, 9 months later, it now randomly reboots using that same SIM.

My conclusion is that there is hardware deterioation in the motherboard (data radio part) or some similiar hardware degredation problem.

And yes, I hard reset, reformated my SD card and kept it clean of nasty Apps!

d_jesk
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 43

I have this problem with my phone here in Australia, has been back to motorola several times with this restarting issue.

Motorola has replaced mainboard, and camera, suggested i may have a battery fault, so i have purchased a new genuine battery (hasnt made any difference), have also replaced the flex cabling, screen and lens another time (most recently) I have had the phone back for less then 2 days and already restarted several times.

I just want a reliable phone.  any further ideas?

It will go back to the service centre again on monday (4th time) but i really dont know what else they could replace, is this just an incredibly flawed phone? it has been reset countless times, I have very few apps, cos its really too time consuming reloading all of them so many times.

arleneteng
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 43

I am beginning to think that the restarting problem is a network issue. Before I left for my trip to HK last week, my phone was restarting every 5 minutes. So after backing everything up, I did a hard reset and reformatted my sd card, but didn't have time to install all my apps before leaving. I did the rest of the reinstallation over wifi in HK, then kept my phone on roaming while I was there. No restarts at all, and my phone was running faster (I attribute that to the hard reset, clearing out all unnecessary apps and reformatting the sd card). When I got back to the Philippines and turned my phone on, ten minutes later it did a reset. I thought it might be the phone again, but thought of switching to my secondary sim card from another network. No restarts for two hours. Then I switched back to my original sim card and chose 2g mobile network only. No restarts for one hour. I'm now back to 3g only mobile network with my original sim card, and so far no restarts in the last hour, but I think that's because I'm also on wifi. I've noticed that it has less restarting events when I'm on wifi rather than when I'm off it. The phone may be having difficulty doing data syncing when the network quality is poor, and many people are complaining that the service of my original mobile network has become horrid in the last half year. I have no idea what the difference is between the two mobile networks, but I am considering replacing my original sim card with the secondary sim card for the Defy+ and just put my original sim in the back up phone.

Spannerzone
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 43

I got my 10 month old Defy+ repaired by Motorola's repair depot in the UK (SBE Ltd) - the phone was rebooting 3 times a day and wiping and restoring to 'as new' didn't help.

When it came back from the repair depot it has not yet rebooted so looks like they repaired the fault. The job card said it had the IC/PA/Filter replaced, they also replaced the entire back and front casing and new glass screen (no idea why they did this as my case and screen was almost 100% perfect condition!

Anyway, I'm hoping they have found the solution to this problem!

Bev
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 43

I'm having a problem with my Defy+ rebooting several times a day, similar to the previous posts by other users but that is a minor annoyance compared to an Authentication Error that I receive when accessing my emails.  My phone is still under warranty and I have re set it several times as per instuctions from Help Desks (both Telstra and Motorola) and it has made no difference.  It has been sent away twice - once by Telstra and once by Motorola - with limited success.  Last time it came back in December and it has been good till about 10 days ago.  Back to same old error message, so am waiting on a consignment note to come from Motorola and then it has to go away again.

Problem is when accessing emails.  I get a message stating that "username or password is incorrect, please visit settings to rectify".  There is nothing wrong with my username or password.  Anyone else having a similar problem and how have you managed to fix it?

I have asked for a new phone but was turned down

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 38 of 43

Hi Bev,

I can see in the system that you are in contact with the Australian support. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Nicole

luuuciano
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 43

This issue goes away when the data connection type is switched to Only 2g... ONLY 2G!

Can I send you my 3g so you insert it on...

Anyway... motorola knows that.

How many customers are motorola loosing by this poor customer care?

Why they just pay some people to sit down and find a real solution to this WORLDWIDE ISSUE?

There is no solution?? then do not sell faulty hardware/software!

spanner1
Punch Card
Message 40 of 43

My MB526 Defy+ rebooted with data turned on or off. When Motorola repaired my phone it was 99.5% cured the rebooting problem. I can now leave the phone on for 200 hours (so far the longest uptime I've had) - I do turn the phone off sometimes but I have left it on to see how long it goes bofore a reboot. So far since it has been repaired by Motorola it has rebooted once which could have been an Android software glitch?

I think Motorola perhaps now know how to fix this rebooting problem.