Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FredV
What's DOS?
Views: 356
Message 1 of 3

MB526 doesn't ring when called

My MB526 doesn't ring when i'm called. Factory reset helps and phone rings again. But when I changed my home screen and other settings (logging in for gmail, copying contacts from sd card to sim, sync my calendar) the phone won't ring again. But the sign for missed calls works fine, the phone rings and vibrates. Changing ringtone won't help. And turning off and on the phone after changing home screen won't help either.

Anyone solution or same problem?

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 3

Re: MB526 doesn't ring when called

Hey FredV,

Just to make sure that I understand:

After you factory reset your phone, the phone rings when you receive a call.

As soon as you perform any actions such as copying contacts from the SIM card to the phone, the phone will not ring anymore when you receive a call.

You say that the sign for missed calls works fine, the phone rings and vibrates. Do you mean that playing a ringtone in the menu works? It just does not work when you receive a call?

Let me know.

Cheers,

Nicole

FredV
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: MB526 doesn't ring when called

Hi Nicole,

Yes, after the factory reset the phone will ring when I receive a call. But after changing the home screen, copying from the sim card to phone, and making the Motorolo Blur account with gmail etc., shortly, after all the changes made to make the phone personal en usable, the probem occurs.

Trying the ringtone in the menu works fine.

The sign for missed call works fine. Not only in the menu, but also after the missed call.  So it works when I receive a call. So that part works fine. It's just that receiving a call the phone will not ring. All other functions works fine.

All volumesare set to max. so that can't be the problem.

I think i will do a factory reset again and after each change on the phone trying to receive the call. That way i can eleminate the changes i made and only the false one remains.

Or do you have an other suggestion?

Cheers,

Fred