Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riegal
What's DOS?
Views: 416
Message 1 of 3

defy+ & motoblur account

Swapped SIM cards on my phone.  Of course now I've got to sign into my Motoblur account.  But it won't accept my login.  Even went online and changed my password, went back to my phone, still won't login.  Any ideas out there on how to fix?  Better yet, any ideas on how to bypass the Motoblur account sign in requirement just to use my phone (silly requirement anyway.)  Thank you.

Jy_Bravo
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 3

Re: defy+ & motoblur account

Similar issue here. My Defy+ was running slow, crashing, etc. I did a factry wipe/reset and put in a 32G card in place of the 16G I had. Over the past year I lost my original SIM and had changed it but never had a problem. All my accounts still worked well and I never noticed an issue.

When the phone powered on I set everything up and got some errors with MotoBlur and just skipped it as everything else was going fine. It did an update to 2.3.6 and now my corporate email, calendar, tasks, etc. are gone, I can't access my Yahoo account (which is tied to my Moto account), and I can't sign in or create a new account. Have tried with data enabled on and off, wifi and ota, still nothing is working. Contacted Motorola and they opened an issue ticket, MotoBlur account setup not working [Incident: 140108-012349].

I got 2 different errors when trying (at home and at work on a corporate network behind a proxy)

"Error signing into account: An error occured, please try again." and "There were errors getting data from the Blur Service, Please try again"

The issue may be the SIM or a problem in the update. I haven't seen any real solutions besides rooting or using RSD Lite to load a non-Blur SBF...

Model: MB526

System: 45.0.2310.MB526.AsiaRetail.en.03

Android: 2.3.6

Build: 4.5.1-134_DFP-231

Jy_Bravo
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: defy+ & motoblur account

Received a call from Motorola, Sam from Motorola China Service Center, at 10:45 am +8GMT, on 1/9/2014, stating that MotoBlur server in Asia is shut down now in Hong Kong and maybe Taiwan. Later Sam indicated there was no Blur servers left and was unaware if Blur was still working or going to be discontinued in any other countries. While our conversation was essentually just going in circles and he refused to transfer my case, he did not even know the ticket number or any of the information in the ticket. It was a telling call on the inner workings of Motorola Support and Google's reach into the company.

The conversation fell into a circular argument of me stating Sam was compleatly unaware of my case, situation, and details and his insistance of MotoBlur, Google Play, and 2.3.6 being impossible to use inside mainland China. He stated the best solution was for me to go to Hong Kong or Taiwan and try it there (despite me stating several times I could not access MotoBlur from behind a corporate network with proxy servers in India) or to just load a non-Blur SBF onto the phone. As he did not have my ticket information I am under the impression my case will not be updated with the contact or what came out of it. Esentially I will have to call Hong Kong on my own and see what is going on with Blur there...