Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outofmydepth
What's DOS?
Views: 167
Message 1 of 1

sold a Italian phone ?

Hi

I bought my Defy plus new over the internet from a phone company in Bristol UK around 13 months ago and have had quite a few problems with it.

After doing yet another factory reset I contacted Motorola and filled in my IMEI number on their website (it was advertised with a 2 year guarantee)  Their reply was =

We are sorry to inform you that your Motorola Defy+ is actually a Swiss unit, and it is carrying and Italian firmware, which does not match the region of the phone, for which it is clear that it is not carrying the original firmware, and in this case a lot of software issues may appear, like the one you are describing.

If you performed this software modification yourself, please revert the phone back to the original Motorola firmware. If you did not modify your phone, but you purchased it this way, please contact the place of purchase in order to get a replacement or a refund.

Apart from adding a few apps,and some music I have done nothing to the phone.

I have sent two Emails to the supplier of the phone with no reply and tomorrow I will be ringing them but if I get no help from them can I somehow replace the Italian firmware version with the GB version.

Thanks

Pete