Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA DEFY™+
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-09-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

phone is not switiching ON

2012-11-09, 13:09 PM

GUYS i am stuck in a Big problem....... 

i actually wanted to change my ROM from Quarx Nightly Builds(jb) to WIUI (jb) according to the instructions in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161110 i installed 2ndinit 1.4.2 and went to bootmenu and kept the default to 2ndint and after that when i went to recovery 2 options were their 1)stock recovery and 2) (forgot name) recovery so i went to stock memoery to wipe cache /data but i found nothing so i rebooted but from here trouble started it stuck at motorola ICON and dont start i asked 1 of my group mate about this he told me to flash my phone with SBF file so i flashed it sum SBF file later found that its SBF file of DEFY not DEFY + and now the phone does'nt even start only blank screen no "DISPLAY IS SEEN" pls any help i will be thank full to them

Answer
Options

930 Posts

07-10-2010

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: phone is not switiching ON

2012-11-09, 16:25 PM

I think I've had a similar issue when flashing an older software to a secure DEFY+, where a newer build was on before.

Hopefully this will work for your phone as well. Try connecting the "dead" phone to a PC via USB.

At least you should see the green charging LED come on. Now check with RSD lite if the phone is detected. That's what still worked for me, even if the phone seemed dead otherwise.

If so, you should flash the latest DEFY+ software, or at least the same software (bootloader version) you've had on the phone before flashing the wrong DEFY software.

Don't ask me on where to get the software you need, cause I can't tell you.;)

Hope this helps and good luck.:)

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

930 Posts

07-10-2010

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: phone is not switiching ON

2012-11-09, 16:25 PM

I think I've had a similar issue when flashing an older software to a secure DEFY+, where a newer build was on before.

Hopefully this will work for your phone as well. Try connecting the "dead" phone to a PC via USB.

At least you should see the green charging LED come on. Now check with RSD lite if the phone is detected. That's what still worked for me, even if the phone seemed dead otherwise.

If so, you should flash the latest DEFY+ software, or at least the same software (bootloader version) you've had on the phone before flashing the wrong DEFY software.

Don't ask me on where to get the software you need, cause I can't tell you.;)

Hope this helps and good luck.:)

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms