Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

09-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Electrify 2 seems to be the red-headed step child

2012-10-12, 12:27 PM

This is a great phone and I love mine but it seems to be that the E 2 is not getting recognized as having the same potential as other devices out there, by this I mean no real development seems to even be considered for this phone. No mention of bootloader unlock and no mention of Fastboot files. Doing a Google search for any type of Dev support for this phone only results in reviews or how to buy. PLEASE!, WHERE DOES THIS PHONE STAND ON REACHING SOME KIND OF DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT?

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Electrify 2 seems to be the red-headed step child

2012-10-18, 13:03 PM

I'm not sure what it is you are looking for, other than bootloader unlock, which isn't supported. Have you looked on the sites that focus on device modification?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

09-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2012-10-18, 21:25 PM

Thanks for responding, I have obtained root for this device and everything was well, but getting carried away experimenting with pushing files to the phone, I pushed to /dev/block/system and bricked my phone, while understanding the risk and the fact of my mistake, it would be nice to have a fastboot file to help me get unbricked and back to stock. apparently there are no such files for this phone as of yet, and it is frustrating to see no mention of any type of developement for this phone when it is such a great device while some of the even newer moto phones already have some of these files available. I have googled everything about this phone using all possible keywords XT881,Electrify 2, Yangtze, ect. and always mentioning developement, only to see my own posts about a working root method

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 4 of 4

2012-10-25, 13:23 PM

It's a risky business, but I wish you luck!

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)